Big Bear ADV/Street Ride – 9/20-22/2019

Forums Rides Big Bear ADV/Street Ride – 9/20-22/2019

• Creator
    Topic
  • #10471 Reply
    Karl Wagner
    Participant
      @sharons-hubby

Forming up plans for a return to the San Bernardino mountains September 20-22, 2019 for another fall trail/street camp/hotel trip. Base for the weekend will be at Serrano Campground on the North shore of Big Bear Lake. I will be organizing the trail riding/camping for the weekend, looking for a co-leader for the street portion, including hotel arrangements. Meals are up in the air at this time, may or may not do a central meal plan or bring your own, TBD. Will update later.
      We have a double site reserved for this weekend at this time, Friday and Saturday nights. It will hold 16 people and 6 bikes. If you are interested in camping please let me know and I will gauge whether we need a second site or not. I will be taking non-refundable pre-pay for camping starting at the picnic in July. Camping will be in the order of $15/person for the weekend, Meals as stated above is still in development. I will reserve additional sites if we get more than 16 people reserved.
      Group meals or bring your own, what do you prefer? Interested in input, no guarantees.
      Let’s do some trails this September!

Viewing 99 reply threads
    • Author
      Replies
      • #10475 Reply
        Ron Zablocki
          @ron-z

Interest confirmed. Do you have an address for the campground? I’ve like to search for nearby hotels.

• #10477 Reply
          Karl Wagner
          Participant
            @sharons-hubby

Search Serrano Campground and it comes up, add Big Bear lake if needed, but I found it that way.

Good to hear Ron, think about leading the road group.

• #10478 Reply
            Chuck Waychoff
            Participant
              @chuck-w

Definately interested Karl!

• #10479 Reply
              Ron Zablocki
                @ron-z

Karl – I’d consider leading, but I’m not familiar with the roads there at all.
                But my GPS can follow a route if anyone has one from previous rides, or if someone familiar with the area wants to map out a route for me. 🤔

• #10480 Reply
                Karl Wagner
                Participant
                  @sharons-hubby

Ron, we can get routes. I need a co-leader for the event to arrange teh non-camper details;
                  – arrange hotel options for the non-campers
                  – check out meal options
                  – ride leader to the event Friday, Saturday day ride, and Sunday home

Think about it, let me know.

• #10482 Reply
                  Ron Zablocki
                    @ron-z

Karl – Okay, I’ll take this on unless someone else wants to.

I’ll be hoteling it for this ride.

• #10484 Reply
                    Karl Wagner
                    Participant
                      @sharons-hubby

You got it Ron, thanks!

We can talk ride routes and meal plans at the July planning meeting. Look for a hotel you and others might like and see if you can get a group deal and hold some number of rooms.

Thanks!

• #10486 Reply
                      Karl Wagner
                      Participant
                        @sharons-hubby

Sharon and I spontaneously took a Fathers Day run up to Big Bear for lunch to check out the campsites for the September Campout Ride. Found our double site is really good for a group of about 8 tents and the adjacent single site can easily hold 4 more, so we came home and reserved it. Hope everyone is ready for some fall camping and riding trails and roads!
                        We also checked out one of the two dining spots on Fawnskin and give it a thumbs up!
                        Reserveations will be taken starting at the July BOD meeting and Club Picnic.

• #10491 Reply
                        Ron Zablocki
                          @ron-z

No camping for us, but I’ll be looking to create a Sat route that’s interesting (no dirt!) 😬

• #10493 Reply
                          Bill Allen
                          Blocked
                            @lucky

Just spent this past weekend at Serano Campground with the Airheads. Great site! Good showers and bathrooms. Plenty of shade. I believe there is a motel within a couple of miles of the campsite.

• #10495 Reply
                            Karl Wagner
                            Participant
                              @sharons-hubby

Wow Bill, I had that on the calendar for next weekend, bummer. You guys must have been at the other end of the campground, our sites are near the entrance.

Glad to hear you liked the venue. It sure looks like will work out good. And Roady gets a shower! 🙂

• #10551 Reply
                              Ron Zablocki
                                @ron-z

Hey Bill – Did you by chance happen to catch the name of that motel you saw?

• #10564 Reply
                                Bill Allen
                                Blocked
                                  @lucky

Quail Cove Lakeside Lodge

https://www.quailcovelodge.com/

• #10566 Reply
                                  Chris Roady
                                  Participant
                                    @chris

Right on Karl … we had a couple of campgrounds without them on the TN trip …. you know I like me a shower after a long day in the saddle, especially in some of the muggy conditions we experienced in the South 🙂

I have told the story many times of our Chief Joseph ride when you said you found a campground for the night but there was no shower … Sharon says Ok and I say … uhhh hold up a minute 🙂 🙂

• #10602 Reply
                                    Eric Wolf
                                    Keymaster
                                      @wolf

Count me in. Seems I can’t get enough.

After four days alone crossing the desert to get back home from TX (TN), I swore I’d never ride again 🙂 (not really)

• #10603 Reply
                                      Eric Wolf
                                      Keymaster
                                        @wolf

I’ll be camping.

• #10607 Reply
                                        Karl Wagner
                                        Participant
                                          @sharons-hubby

Great, here is the rolling list of attendees I am tracking:

Camping:
                                          Karl W
                                          Sharon W
                                          Chuck W
                                          Eric W
                                          Chris R

Hotel:
                                          Ron Z
                                          Lorna Z

Will keep the numbers rolling. Remember I am taking non-refundable payment for this year in advance to better predict camping. Camping fees are crazy these days, will be setting the rate around $15/night per person, TBD. Meals not included.

• #10610 Reply
                                          Erasmo Brenes
                                          Participant
                                            @erasmo-b

Hey Karl,

Can you add Diane and I to the camping group.

• #10682 Reply
                                            Richard Catarineau
                                            Keymaster
                                              @rick-webmaster

Karl, count Lisa and I in for camping. And group cooking sounds great on 2 conditions. 1) I’m not cooking, and 2) It’s not spaghetti (any meat and veggies for us – the KETO thing).

• #10683 Reply
                                              Karl Wagner
                                              Participant
                                                @sharons-hubby

Got is Rick and Erasmo, that is 9 so far camping.

If we do do meals they will be simplier than last year, and if you don’t cook Rick, you have to take a dishes/clean up shift! 🙂

• #10684 Reply
                                                Bill Allen
                                                Blocked
                                                  @lucky

Is this event suitable for Cadallac Margaritas?
                                                  Asking for a friend.
                                                  🙂

• #10687 Reply
                                                  Karl Wagner
                                                  Participant
                                                    @sharons-hubby

Bill Allen, tell your “friend”, CERTAINLY!

Shall I count you or your friend in for a camping spot???? :0

• #10688 Reply
                                                    Bill Allen
                                                    Blocked
                                                      @lucky

Karl Wagner – Please do.

• #10741 Reply
                                                      Steve Hughson
                                                      Participant
                                                        @steve-hughson

HI Carl,

Would you please add me (Steve Hughson)for camping and road. Thanks so much!

• #10743 Reply
                                                        Karl Wagner
                                                        Participant
                                                          @sharons-hubby

Update, here is the rolling list of attendees I am tracking:
                                                          Camping – 18 people, 16 Bikes, 14 Tents, 1 dog:
                                                          Karl & Sharon W
                                                          Chuck W
                                                          Eric W
                                                          Chris R
                                                          Rick & Lisa C
                                                          Erasmo & Diane B
                                                          Bill A
                                                          Steve H
                                                          Larry T
                                                          Tim & Jeneane McC
                                                          Perk
                                                          Brandon W
                                                          John C
                                                          Brandon W
                                                          Hotel, 3 people, 2 bikes:
                                                          Ron Z
                                                          Lorna Z
                                                          Jesse V
                                                          Please update the Ride List also, just to make sure we have who is going, thank you.

• #10746 Reply
                                                          Ron Zablocki
                                                            @ron-z

Jessie V and Larry T also expressed interest in this ride, and indicated they would do the hotel option.

• #10747 Reply
                                                            Ron Zablocki
                                                              @ron-z

Jessie and I have booked rooms at the Motel 6 Big Bear via Hotels.com for Sep 20-22 (Fri-Sun).
                                                              The price is currently at $101/night and has A/C and WiFi, and there are rooms still available.
                                                              https://www.hotels.com/dl/hotel/details.html?hotelId=450433&intlid=iApp_RD_ShareLinkClicked_Message

• #10835 Reply
                                                              Karl Wagner
                                                              Participant
                                                                @sharons-hubby

Ok, updated the list.

Note, we have sites 7 and 8/9 double site for Friday and Saturday nights. If anyone wants to book one of those for Thursday night we can meet you up at the campground mid-day Friday.

We will be meeting at Irv Seavers at 8:30am for pre-ride meeting and leaving promptly at 9am.

Full schedule and route to follow.

• #10836 Reply
                                                                Ron Zablocki
                                                                  @ron-z

Karl – Is the street group also to meet with you at Irv Saver, or are we doing our own ride up?

• #10839 Reply
                                                                  Karl Wagner
                                                                  Participant
                                                                    @sharons-hubby

Ron, let’s all meet there, but the offroad group will likely head right up to the campground, unload and take a shorter ride Friday from camp. I suggest you set up a longer street road to Big Bear so it is more enjoyable.

But, you are free to do something different if you like.

• #10840 Reply
                                                                    Ron Zablocki
                                                                      @ron-z

Sounds good – I’ll setup a route to get there.

• #10850 Reply
                                                                      Bill Allen
                                                                      Blocked
                                                                        @lucky

I will meet everyone at the campsite.

• #10881 Reply
                                                                        Joe Alwan
                                                                        Participant
                                                                          @jalwan

Sign me up for hotel/street riding. New member – looking forward to meeting and riding. 1 person, 1 bike. Booked a reservation at the Motel 6

• #10883 Reply
                                                                          Ron Zablocki
                                                                          Moderator
                                                                            @ron-z

Cool – Glad you could make it Joe! 👍

• #10918 Reply
                                                                            Larry Troffer
                                                                            Participant
                                                                              @larry-troffer

Ron, Karl – I plan to go on the street rides, but will camp rather than stay at hotel.

• #10924 Reply
                                                                              Brandon Wilson
                                                                              Keymaster
                                                                                @brandon-w

I will be riding up solo as I will be working a half day before joining the fun.

• #10925 Reply
                                                                                Karl Wagner
                                                                                Participant
                                                                                  @sharons-hubby

Hi All,

As of today we have 18 Campers, 16 bikes at camp and 14 tents. I believe there are another half dozen or so hotel riders, but need to check the Ride List… you are all signing up on the Ride List right… 🙂
                                                                                  .
                                                                                  The cost of the camp/food/parking/firewood will be $50 per person for the weekend camping, $40 for meals alone (non-camping). Payment will be collected at the September membership meeting. If you are not going to be at the membership meeting send me a check or your bike pink slip.
                                                                                  .
                                                                                  Here is the plan for menu:
                                                                                  .
                                                                                  Friday
                                                                                  Dinner – Sharon’s Chili, Salad, Smoores
                                                                                  .
                                                                                  Saturday
                                                                                  Bfast – Scrambled Eggs, Cheese, Salsa, Sausage, fruit, juice, coffee
                                                                                  Dinner – Brats, Sourkraut, camp beans, Cookies
                                                                                  .
                                                                                  Sunday
                                                                                  Bfast – Fruit, Rolls, Juice, Bars, coffee
                                                                                  .
                                                                                  Ride routes are on development for both offroad and pavement, going up to Big Bear Friday, Saturday and Home on Sunday.
                                                                                  .
                                                                                  .
                                                                                  More to come….

• #10929 Reply
                                                                                  Bill Allen
                                                                                  Blocked
                                                                                    @lucky

Karl – Is it possible to opt out of the meals? Not only can I not east most of the items on the menu, but I’m planning on tequila based cuisine.
                                                                                    🙂

• #10932 Reply
                                                                                    Karl Wagner
                                                                                    Participant
                                                                                      @sharons-hubby

Sure, $20 per person just camping/fire. $40/person just meals, $10/person for single breakfasts, $20/person for single dinners.

All needs to be prepaid,

Thanks,

Karl

• #10933 Reply
                                                                                      Ron Zablocki
                                                                                      Moderator
                                                                                        @ron-z

Myself and Lorna will also be opting out of the meals.
                                                                                        But we would like to partake in some of Bill Allem’s tequila-based cuisine. 🤪

• #10934 Reply
                                                                                        Karl Wagner
                                                                                        Participant
                                                                                          @sharons-hubby

Opps, forgot. $5 for campfire visits…..for the weekend… 🙂

• #10938 Reply
                                                                                          Bill Allen
                                                                                          Blocked
                                                                                            @lucky

Karl – Thanks for the accommodation.
                                                                                            Ron – Everyone is automatically enrolled in Friday night’s Margarita Madness!
                                                                                            🙂

• #10939 Reply
                                                                                            Bill Allen
                                                                                            Blocked
                                                                                              @lucky

Larry Troffer – Did you tell Trish I will be serving Margaritas?

• #10942 Reply
                                                                                              Chris Roady
                                                                                              Participant
                                                                                                @chris

Karl, do you do Venmo?

• #10945 Reply
                                                                                                Karl Wagner
                                                                                                Participant
                                                                                                  @sharons-hubby

No we use Zelle using my cell phone # 6264834009.

For anyone using this please indiate what you are paying for per note above per person;

$50 Full Weekend Camping and Meals
                                                                                                  $20 per person just camping/fire
                                                                                                  $40/person just meals
                                                                                                  $10/person for single breakfasts
                                                                                                  $20/person for single dinners
                                                                                                  5$ campfire

You can post it here, text it to me at the phone above, or just wait until the club meeting and tell me.

Thanks,

Karl

• #11037 Reply
                                                                                                  Karl Wagner
                                                                                                  Participant
                                                                                                    @sharons-hubby

We are TWO WEEK out to the Big Bear club ride this month. We have 23 total registered with 18 camping, going to be a fun weekend!

Details are above, please let me know if you have any questions. Final meetup time and routes will be distributed this next two weeks. Please remit payment via Zelle or at the club meeting Saturday.

Thanks,

Karl

• #11041 Reply
                                                                                                    Ron Zablocki
                                                                                                    Moderator
                                                                                                      @ron-z

If my bike is out of the shop by then both Lorna and I will be attending. If not, then I’ll be by myself on the loaner RT.

Karl – Do you have an iPhone and can accept Apple Pay?

• #11045 Reply
                                                                                                      Richard Catarineau
                                                                                                      Keymaster
                                                                                                        @rick-webmaster

Karl – I just Zelle’d $100 for Lisa and myself.

• #11046 Reply
                                                                                                        Erasmo Brenes
                                                                                                        Participant
                                                                                                          @erasmo-b

Karl,
                                                                                                          I zelle’d $100 for Diane and myself.

• #11047 Reply
                                                                                                          Karl Wagner
                                                                                                          Participant
                                                                                                            @sharons-hubby

Received payment Erasmo and Rick, got it.

Sorry Ron, we do not have Apple Pay.

You can catch me at the camp, I know you are attending, you are leading the street ride.

Thanks,

Karl

• #11051 Reply
                                                                                                            David Eastly
                                                                                                            Participant
                                                                                                              @dave

I gave you a well worn $50 BILL yesterday. Old school.

• #11055 Reply
                                                                                                              Karl Wagner
                                                                                                              Participant
                                                                                                                @sharons-hubby

Eastly you did?…… I do not recall……..

Juuuusst kidding, I got you Old School buddy!

• #11056 Reply
                                                                                                                Karl Wagner
                                                                                                                Participant
                                                                                                                  @sharons-hubby

Hey Kids,

Sharon and I are working on finalizing plans this week for the Big Bear Ride and look forward to riding with everyone. I have attached a list of the registrants as of today. Please post what you would like to register for this week so we can be prepared for you. Feel free to call me with any questions, 626-483-4009.

I will be putting out the full ride plan and off-road routes later this week. Ron Z is working on the pavement routes.

Thank you,

Karl

• #11058 Reply
                                                                                                                  Joe Alwan
                                                                                                                  Participant
                                                                                                                    @jalwan

Hey Karl,

I’m street riding and staying at the hotel. Paid you for all the meals at Rainbow Oaks on Saturday.

Joe

• #11059 Reply
                                                                                                                    Karl Wagner
                                                                                                                    Participant
                                                                                                                      @sharons-hubby

Got it Joe, Cash recorded, good catch!

• #11060 Reply
                                                                                                                      Eric Wolf
                                                                                                                      Keymaster
                                                                                                                        @wolf

Loving the spreadsheet! Project engineers 🙂

• #11061 Reply
                                                                                                                        Karl Wagner
                                                                                                                        Participant
                                                                                                                          @sharons-hubby

LOL….. you are going to love the ride plan outline that I am preparing…. 🙂

• #11073 Reply
                                                                                                                          Karl Wagner
                                                                                                                          Participant
                                                                                                                            @sharons-hubby

Hey South Coast Big Bear participants! One week out to our next ride and we are looking forward to it. Just wanted to let you know:

1) Thank you to all who have communicated their meal and camping preference by making payments or written commitments in this forum post. As of today I have the following are coming and have fully paid or committed, unless noted below:
                                                                                                                            .
                                                                                                                            Total 23 people, 16 Bikes, 5 offroad, 15 onroad, 18 camp, 5 hotel
                                                                                                                            .
                                                                                                                            Camping – 18 people, 16 Bikes, 14 Tents, 1 dog:
                                                                                                                            Karl & Sharon W
                                                                                                                            Chuck W
                                                                                                                            Eric W
                                                                                                                            Chris R
                                                                                                                            Rick & Lisa C
                                                                                                                            Erasmo & Diane B
                                                                                                                            Bill A
                                                                                                                            Steve H
                                                                                                                            Larry T
                                                                                                                            Tim & Jeneane McC
                                                                                                                            Perk – ** Unpaid
                                                                                                                            Brandon W
                                                                                                                            John C – ** Unpaid
                                                                                                                            Brandon W
                                                                                                                            .
                                                                                                                            Hotel, 5 people, 3 bikes:
                                                                                                                            Ron Z
                                                                                                                            Lorna Z
                                                                                                                            Joe A
                                                                                                                            Jesse V – ** Unpaid
                                                                                                                            David O – ** Unpaid
                                                                                                                            .

2) Routes, Ride outlines, packing and food shopping will be being finalized this weekend and information posted. I know Ron is working on the street ride on Friday and Saturday and I will have the routes for off road Friday and Saturday done this weekend. There will be one group ride back on Sunday for those interested.
                                                                                                                            .
                                                                                                                            ALL who are going up with the group on Friday will meet at Irv Seaver BMW at 9am!
                                                                                                                            .
                                                                                                                            More to come soon!

• #11075 Reply
                                                                                                                            Chris Roady
                                                                                                                            Participant
                                                                                                                              @chris

Paid for “full boat” via Zelle

• #11076 Reply
                                                                                                                              Jessie Vaca
                                                                                                                              Participant
                                                                                                                                @jtb-vaca

Hello Karl, I will be hoteling it and will not be there until Saturday. I will probably not be eating with the group but I’ll let you know and pay whatever is due on Saturday.
                                                                                                                                Where & when would the best place and time to meet the group be?

• #11077 Reply
                                                                                                                                Ron Zablocki
                                                                                                                                Moderator
                                                                                                                                  @ron-z

Jessie – What time are you planning on arriving Sat? I was going to have the Sat’s ride KSU at 9 or 9:30 AM.

• #11080 Reply
                                                                                                                                  Karl Wagner
                                                                                                                                  Participant
                                                                                                                                    @sharons-hubby

Big Bear ADV/Street Ride – Ride Outline

.
                                                                                                                                    Please see the Ride Outline attached for details on the ride next weekend, print out a copy for you information on the weekend details.
                                                                                                                                    .
                                                                                                                                    Thanks,
                                                                                                                                    .
                                                                                                                                    Karl

• #11082 Reply
                                                                                                                                    Karl Wagner
                                                                                                                                    Participant
                                                                                                                                      @sharons-hubby

Big Bear ADV/Street Ride GPX files – Friday ADV, Sat ADV, Sunday ADV/Street

.
                                                                                                                                      Hi,
                                                                                                                                      .
                                                                                                                                      Please find attached the ADV Friday & Saturday routes and Sunday group ride home. Ron Z will be posting the Street Friday and Saturday route soon.
                                                                                                                                      .
                                                                                                                                      Karl

• #11089 Reply
                                                                                                                                      Joe Alwan
                                                                                                                                      Participant
                                                                                                                                        @jalwan

For those of us coming over from the hotel – what time will breakfast be served?

• #11091 Reply
                                                                                                                                        Karl Wagner
                                                                                                                                        Participant
                                                                                                                                          @sharons-hubby

Good catch Joe,

Breakfast will be around 8am and Dinner will be around 6pm.

Thanks,

Karl

• #11110 Reply
                                                                                                                                          David Eastly
                                                                                                                                          Participant
                                                                                                                                            @dave

Karl, I don’t see my name on the paid camp list! What the….

• #11111 Reply
                                                                                                                                            Mark Borgeson
                                                                                                                                            Participant
                                                                                                                                              @borgie

David, it was deleted LOL.

• #11112 Reply
                                                                                                                                              Brandon Wilson
                                                                                                                                              Keymaster
                                                                                                                                                @brandon-w

I hacked the list and removed it, per Mark.

• #11113 Reply
                                                                                                                                                Karl Wagner
                                                                                                                                                Participant
                                                                                                                                                  @sharons-hubby

My bad Eastly, your paid in my book. Sorry

• #11118 Reply
                                                                                                                                                  Richard Catarineau
                                                                                                                                                  Keymaster
                                                                                                                                                    @rick-webmaster

Low of 37 in big bear this weekend. Pack your longjohns.

• #11122 Reply
                                                                                                                                                    Ron Zablocki
                                                                                                                                                    Moderator
                                                                                                                                                      @ron-z

None needed for my hotel room with warm bed, hot shower and WiFi. All you campers can enjoy each other’s hard nipples at night! 🤔😂

• #11124 Reply
                                                                                                                                                      Kep Wadiak
                                                                                                                                                      Participant
                                                                                                                                                        @kepster

I just Zelled my $50 for camping and food. See you all at Irv Seaver’s.

• #11125 Reply
                                                                                                                                                        Karl Wagner
                                                                                                                                                        Participant
                                                                                                                                                          @sharons-hubby

Got it Kip, you are paid for camping and weekend.

• #11126 Reply
                                                                                                                                                          Karl Wagner
                                                                                                                                                          Participant
                                                                                                                                                            @sharons-hubby
                                                                                                                                                          • #11130 Reply
                                                                                                                                                            Karl Wagner
                                                                                                                                                            Participant
                                                                                                                                                              @sharons-hubby

Hi Big Bear participants, happy Thursday, we are two days out from our ride!
                                                                                                                                                              .
                                                                                                                                                              I wanted to remind people that we have parking at the camp sites for the bikes that are camping only. Cars and visiting motorcycles will need to park in the parking lot right at the entrance. Our sites are a short walk from the entrance station.
                                                                                                                                                              .
                                                                                                                                                              Thank you all for your understanding!

Karl

• #11131 Reply
                                                                                                                                                              Karl Wagner
                                                                                                                                                              Participant
                                                                                                                                                                @sharons-hubby

I will not be able to make the Optional breakfast at Katella grill Friday morning, if anyone else was planning on getting an early start to the day I wanted to let you know I will not be able to be there.

Karl

• #11134 Reply
                                                                                                                                                                Ron Zablocki
                                                                                                                                                                Moderator
                                                                                                                                                                  @ron-z

Hi Guys and Gals – Sorry for the late uploads, but just gave my PC the latest and greatest hardware.

Anyhoo… I’ve attached the Day 1 (Fri) GPX and PDF files.

• #11140 Reply
                                                                                                                                                                  Ron Zablocki
                                                                                                                                                                  Moderator
                                                                                                                                                                    @ron-z

Unfortunately, Lorna won’t be able to attend this weekend’s adventure with me, as my K1600 is STILL in the shop for reverse gear issues, and she needs some kind of back-rest. But I have the red RT they loaned me, and it’ll have to suffice. See you all Friday!

• #11142 Reply
                                                                                                                                                                    Erasmo Brenes
                                                                                                                                                                    Participant
                                                                                                                                                                      @erasmo-b

Ron,

Hwy 330 is closed, so you’ll need to modify your route for Saturday.

• #11143 Reply
                                                                                                                                                                      Ron Zablocki
                                                                                                                                                                      Moderator
                                                                                                                                                                        @ron-z

Thanks Erasmo – I’ll have an updated route up soon.

• #11146 Reply
                                                                                                                                                                        Ron Zablocki
                                                                                                                                                                        Moderator
                                                                                                                                                                          @ron-z

I’ve attached the updated Sat, Day 2 route GPX and PDF files. USE THESE!!

• #11149 Reply
                                                                                                                                                                          Joe Alwan
                                                                                                                                                                          Participant
                                                                                                                                                                            @jalwan

FYI… looks like 330 might re-open tomorrow (Friday) night. Moved here recently, so I don’t know how much one can trust info from Caltrans

https://roads.dot.ca.gov/

Attachments:
                                                                                                                                                                          • #11151 Reply
                                                                                                                                                                            Ron Zablocki
                                                                                                                                                                            Moderator
                                                                                                                                                                              @ron-z

Oh well, go ahead and use the updated route anyway – just in case!

• #11152 Reply
                                                                                                                                                                              Bill Reitz
                                                                                                                                                                              Participant
                                                                                                                                                                                @bill-r

Hey Ron, I was looking at your Saturday route and it looks like there is no connection between waypoints 11 to 14. You routed on 173 but I believe that becomes a dirt road after the Pacific Crest Trail parking area at WP 11. Both TYRE and MyRoute will not connect but make big loops to get to WP 14.
                                                                                                                                                                                Just thought I’d let you know.

• #11153 Reply
                                                                                                                                                                                David Omlor
                                                                                                                                                                                Participant
                                                                                                                                                                                  @david

Hi Ron – Since I am traveling from Moorpark, I plan to meet you and your roadies at the Grizzly Cafe for lunch.
                                                                                                                                                                                  – David

• #11154 Reply
                                                                                                                                                                                  Ron Zablocki
                                                                                                                                                                                  Moderator
                                                                                                                                                                                    @ron-z

FYI – I’ll have updated Day 2 (Sat) route files up soon.

• #11155 Reply
                                                                                                                                                                                    Bill Allen
                                                                                                                                                                                    Blocked
                                                                                                                                                                                      @lucky

With regrets, I must announce I won’t be making this ride. I have a cold that started yesterday and it’s still hanging around.

Have a good time!

• #11156 Reply
                                                                                                                                                                                      Ron Zablocki
                                                                                                                                                                                      Moderator
                                                                                                                                                                                        @ron-z

We’ll miss you Bill – rest up and get ready for the next one!

• #11157 Reply
                                                                                                                                                                                        Karl Wagner
                                                                                                                                                                                        Participant
                                                                                                                                                                                          @sharons-hubby

Sorry to hear you are coming down with a cold Bill, really going to miss the margaritas……. I mean really going to miss you Bill!!! 🙂

Get well soon!

• #11158 Reply
                                                                                                                                                                                          Ron Zablocki
                                                                                                                                                                                          Moderator
                                                                                                                                                                                            @ron-z

All right guys and gals – here are the FINAL Day 2 Sat route files. Make sure you use these!

• #11161 Reply
                                                                                                                                                                                            David Eastly
                                                                                                                                                                                            Participant
                                                                                                                                                                                              @dave

Bill, can you have the margaritas sent up? Asking for Karl.
                                                                                                                                                                                              Ron, Chris, Brandon and I will meet you at camp tomorrow. Looking forward to the weekend!!

• #11162 Reply
                                                                                                                                                                                              Karl Wagner
                                                                                                                                                                                              Participant
                                                                                                                                                                                                @sharons-hubby

Thanks for looking out for me Eastly…… 🙂

Hope you sleep well tonight!

See you at camp, looking forward to seeing that new hammock of yours and Roady’s!

• #11163 Reply
                                                                                                                                                                                                Brandon Wilson
                                                                                                                                                                                                Keymaster
                                                                                                                                                                                                  @brandon-w

Hope you feel better Bill.

• #11165 Reply
                                                                                                                                                                                                  Chris Roady
                                                                                                                                                                                                  Participant
                                                                                                                                                                                                    @chris

no hammocks with 37* temps … tents will be deployed. You will be missed Mr. Allen!!

• #11166 Reply
                                                                                                                                                                                                    David Eastly
                                                                                                                                                                                                    Participant
                                                                                                                                                                                                      @dave

Congrats to Karl and Sharon Wagner for an outstanding weekend!!!

• #11167 Reply
                                                                                                                                                                                                      Richard Catarineau
                                                                                                                                                                                                      Keymaster
                                                                                                                                                                                                        @rick-webmaster

Great camping trip! Kudos to Karl and Sharon!!!

• #11168 Reply
                                                                                                                                                                                                        Chris Roady
                                                                                                                                                                                                        Participant
                                                                                                                                                                                                          @chris

The Wagner’s raised the bar … great spot, breakfasts and dinners prepared and a fun group assembled to spend time with. Fun weekend and thanks to all who made it.

• #11169 Reply
                                                                                                                                                                                                          Karl Wagner
                                                                                                                                                                                                          Participant
                                                                                                                                                                                                            @sharons-hubby

Kudos are for all who attended and whomever arranged the great temps! Made for good days and campfire evenings! Thanks to all who attended and chipped in with meal prep and clean up!

• #11170 Reply
                                                                                                                                                                                                            Erasmo Brenes
                                                                                                                                                                                                            Participant
                                                                                                                                                                                                              @erasmo-b

Thanks to Karl and Sharon for setting up a great camping experience!

• #11171 Reply
                                                                                                                                                                                                              Steve Hughson
                                                                                                                                                                                                              Participant
                                                                                                                                                                                                                @steve-hughson

Going to make you tired of hearing this Karl and Sharon but again “THANK YOU”. You put together a super fun weekend.

Viewing 99 reply threads
                                                                                                                                                                                                            Reply To: Big Bear ADV/Street Ride – 9/20-22/2019

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
                                                                                                                                                                                                            Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.

Your information: