Central Coast Ride – Morro Bay – April 12-14, 2019!

Central Coast Ride – Morro Bay – April 12-14, 2019!

Forums Central Coast Ride – Morro Bay – April 12-14, 2019!

• Creator
    Topic
  • #9939 Reply
    Roberto Giraldes
    Participant
      @beto

Howdy Fellas!

As the highlighted event is approaching, I believe it is time to provide the preliminary information about the ride:

I – Places to stay:

a) – Camping: The Club has reserved four Campsites at Morro Strand State Beach – # 76, 77, 79, and 80. It is allowed to accommodate eight (8) people and park two (2) vehicles per each campsite, so the maximum capacity is thirty two (32) people and eight (8) vehicles. You can have more information about the campground at http://www.parks.ca.gov.

b) – Hotels:

1. – The closest hotel to the camping is Holland Inn and Suites – 2630 Main St – Morro Bay – 0.7 mile from the campground. The Club has reserved ten (10) rooms: five (5) with one queen bed – rates Friday $ 79,00 and Saturday $ 89,00 -; and five with two beds – rates Friday $ 89,00 and Saturday $ 99,00. The hotel manager (Andy) is going to hold the reservation until April, 1st.. So if you are interested to stay there, please call them – (805) 772-2650 and ask to talk to Andy, and identify yourself as a South Coast BMW Riders Club member. 
      2. – Pacific Cottage Motel – 2830 Alder Avenue – Morro Bay – (805) 772-2959 – 1.2 miles from the campground.
      3. – Motel 6 Morro Bay – 298 Atascadero Road – Morro Bay – (805) 979-9808 – 1.4 miles from the campground.
      4. – If you want to search more places to stay, please go to morrobay.org.

c) – Restaurants near by Morro Strand Campground and Holland Inn and Suites:

1. – Chapala Market – 0.4 mile -;
      2. – Lolo’s Mexican Restaurant – 0.4 mile -;
      3. – Surfside Pizza – 0.5 mile -;
      4. – Taco Temple Morro Bay – 0.6 mile -;
      5. Three Stacks and a Rock Brewing Company – 0.7 mile -;
      6. Maya Restaurant – 0.8 mile -.

d) – Details about the rides on Friday, Saturday and Sunday will be provided soon.

Thank you.

Roberto

Viewing 47 reply threads
    • Author
      Replies
      • #9942 Reply
        Richard Catarineau
        Keymaster
          @rick-webmaster

This should be a popular one after all this rain. I added it to the Ride List. Lisa and I are camping.

• #9943 Reply
          Erasmo Brenes
          Participant
            @erasmo-b

Diane and I are in. We’re staying at a nearby motel. Looking forward to this trip!

• #9944 Reply
            Karl Wagner
            Participant
              @sharons-hubby

Excellent Roberto, thanks for leading this weekend!

Looking forward to it!

• #9947 Reply
              Troy Stone
              Participant
                @stonetroy

Troy and Michele Stone will be attending-Camping. Signed up on the ride list….See you all there.

• #9948 Reply
                Bill Allen
                Blocked
                  @lucky

Signed up!

• #9951 Reply
                  Rob Tripp
                  Participant
                    @rob

Kellie and I are going, we are staying at the Holland Inn.

• #9955 Reply
                    Chris Roady
                    Participant
                      @chris

Im in 👍🏻

• #9956 Reply
                      David Eastly
                      Participant
                        @dave

Me 2!

• #9957 Reply
                        Mark Borgeson
                        Participant
                          @borgie

WAY too many club members going. I’m in.

• #9960 Reply
                          John Crittenden
                          Participant
                            @john-c

Sounds great, Roberto! Unfortunately, the Crittendens are going to Portland for visiting purposes, and will have to forgo!

• #9984 Reply
                            Lisa Catarineau
                            Participant
                              @lisa-catarineau

One of my girlfriends is going to join us on this one! She is riding up with me and Rick and staying at the Sandpiper. 🙂

• #10012 Reply
                              Ron Zablocki
                                @ron-z

Lorna and I are tentatively in! Trying to get a hold of Holland Inn & Sites to reserve a room.

• #10013 Reply
                                Ron Zablocki
                                  @ron-z

Hey Roberto – Any routes setup for this yet?

• #10022 Reply
                                  Roberto Giraldes
                                  Participant
                                    @beto

Hi Ron – Routes have not been defined yet!

• #10025 Reply
                                    Ron Zablocki
                                      @ron-z

Who all is staying at the Holland Inn & Suites for this trip?

• #10049 Reply
                                      Alan DeCarr
                                      Participant
                                        @adecarr

Checking in to see if I missed any info regarding start time and start location? Thanks.

• #10051 Reply
                                        Roberto Giraldes
                                        Participant
                                          @beto

Unfortunately I am not going to lead the ride due the fact I have been having back problems lately. Ron is going to lead the ride and soon he will post the supplementary informations about the routes, time and place of the Friday meeting and departing.
                                          Roberto

• #10052 Reply
                                          Ron Zablocki
                                            @ron-z

Well I volunteered to lead the ride if no one else strips up. If I do, note that I’ll be creating a GPS route from Roberto’s plans. I’m not familiar with the area up there, so if someone else feels more confident in leading then that’s a-okay with me.

• #10055 Reply
                                            Karl Wagner
                                            Participant
                                              @sharons-hubby

Hey Ron,

I will be glad to help out as much as I can. I will bring the routes from two years ago to the BOD meeting this Sunday to go over with you. It might be nice to do a variance to the exact route from last time, but that is your call.

Karl

• #10056 Reply
                                              Ron Zablocki
                                                @ron-z

Thanks Karl. Not being familiar with the area, I’m not sure if a variance is a good idea – unless I can program it into the GPS.

• #10065 Reply
                                                Troy Stone
                                                Participant
                                                  @stonetroy

Troy and Michele will not make it now as I have to world the stupid Long Beach Grand Prix. Unable to get to ride list on my phone. Will update that ASAP

• #10066 Reply
                                                  Chris Roady
                                                  Participant
                                                    @chris

That work thing is negatively impacting your riding Troy … time to hang it up and focus on priorities ;-). You’ll both be missed.

• #10067 Reply
                                                    Karl Wagner
                                                    Participant
                                                      @sharons-hubby

Bummer Troy and Michelle……. sorry to hear, see you on another ride soon!

• #10075 Reply
                                                      Rob Tripp
                                                      Participant
                                                        @rob

Kellie and I are planning a late start Friday, leaving Brea (north OC) around 11:00am. We’re planning on taking the I-5 to Frasier Park, then cross over to Maricopa via route 95, stoping at Bitter Creek Wildlife Refuge for a break and maybe see some wildlife(maybe condors). Then off to Maricopa, Santa Margarita via route 58, then to Moro Bay. Approximately 270 miles from North OC, 7 hours with stops, arriving approximately at 6pm.

If anyone wants to join us, let us know if you can meet us up in Brea at 11:00, or Gorman at 12:45, or elsewhere enroute.

• #10076 Reply
                                                        Chris Roady
                                                        Participant
                                                          @chris

I just found out Julie & I have a conflicting commitment to watch our youngest grandson these 3 days and nights. This job definitely requires a tag team and I don’t dare go camping instead. Have a great trip all, sorry to miss it.

• #10079 Reply
                                                          Leon Franco
                                                          Participant
                                                            @leon-f

I am definitely looking forward to the event will be staying at the Holland in most likely

• #10083 Reply
                                                            Danny Wassenaar
                                                            Participant
                                                              @danny-w

Campers, here’s a couple of things to consider and work out amongst yourselves in advance of this weekend….

First: Please note, the two Board members, Roberto and Chris who prepaid and made the camping RSVP’s for the club will not be going on the ride this weekend. Thus, neither one of them will be there to check-in into the campground. I’m thinking someone is going to have to work it out in advance with who is going to be whom and say you are Roberto Giraldes( who lives in Huntington Beach) or Chris Roady (who lives in Brea). Or, make arrangements in the next couple of days with both Chris and Roberto and have them make contact in advance with Morro Stand State Beach to let them know of the change (tele # 805-772-8812) . The Confirmation numbers are noted below.

I happened to read the Reservation Policy that accompanied the camp site confirmations and sales receipts. In part it says: “Reservations that are made for California State Parks are for personal use only. Any resale, transfer, use, for profit activity, or memberships that are not approved in advance by the State are strictly prohibited and will be subject to immediate cancellation without notice, refund or reimbursement….” Therefore, we just can’t have them put into the club’s name.

Specifically, sites #079 & #080 were rsvp’d by Roberto Giraldes, confirmation # 2009618; and, the two other sites #076 & #077 were rsvp’d by Chris Roady, confirmation #2009588. The club has already reimbursed in advance the (4) four campsites reserved for 2 nights each, for a combined total of $312 (=$39 per night, per site). If collectively you guys think you can do with fewer campsites, then cancelling one of the RSVPs is another option. We’d only be out the $7.99 per night for the reservation fee but save $35 per night for the campsite fee.

Second: From reading Roberto’s first forum entry above, he mentions that there is a 2 bike limit per campsite for parking. If more than 8 bikes are attending, someone may also want to find out and confirm if for an additional parking charge, additional vehicles can be added to a campsite.

Finally, can someone, preferably someone with a full face helmet, turn it upside down and please pass it around to collect from the other campers their fair share of the camping fees to reimburse the club? Think of it as: ” ‘MORRO -YOU pay more!! (Monday, April 15th)

-Danny Wassenaar

• #10084 Reply
                                                              Rob Tripp
                                                              Participant
                                                                @rob

Someone who looks like Roberto needs to use his drivers license. I recommend Erasmo or Bill Allen to pose at Roberto.

• #10085 Reply
                                                                Richard Catarineau
                                                                Keymaster
                                                                  @rick-webmaster

I see 9 campers on the Ride List. So roughly 2 per site and $20 per night. I don’t see a reason to cancel any sites, and I’ve never had a problem saying I’m with “Roberto or Chris” at site #xxx, at the entry. I assume the park has been paid in advance. If needed, I’ll be Chris Roady.

• #10086 Reply
                                                                  Ron Zablocki
                                                                    @ron-z

I’ll second Rob’s idea.

• #10087 Reply
                                                                    Ron Zablocki
                                                                      @ron-z

I’ll second Rob’s idea.

• #10088 Reply
                                                                      Chris Roady
                                                                      Participant
                                                                        @chris

So sorry I had to cancel. Just a little clarity though … Only 1 campsite could be reserved by 1 person, so reservations were made in Roberto’s name, my name, Karl Wagner’s name and Sharon Wagners name … not sure of the Wagners availability at this time since a sick pet has them in a wait and see mode last I heard.

If they can’t make it, the sites will need to be accessed in all 4 names. They also required vehicle license numbers so you will need to say you rode a different one of your bikes than those you made your reservations in.

• #10089 Reply
                                                                        Steven Bennett
                                                                        Participant
                                                                          @steven-b

Celia and I are going and staying at the Holland. Looking forward to seeing everyone

• #10091 Reply
                                                                          Rob Tripp
                                                                          Participant
                                                                            @rob

Last time I checked into a state park they required an id. So, if willing I can check in as Karl or Chris. With. Helmet on, they can’t confirm the pic to the face. But I’ll need a D.L.

They do log plate numbers, but only to check their b-base for open warrants after check in.

• #10092 Reply
                                                                            Erasmo Brenes
                                                                            Participant
                                                                              @erasmo-b

I’m leaving from work Friday, so I won’t be riding into Morro until after 6pm, at the earliest. Thus, I’m sorry but I can’t
                                                                              masquerade as Roberto 🙂 and the camping guys would likely put their tents before that time.

Also, note the following note from the Morro Strand SB CampMap pdf:

VEHICLE PARKING: No more than two licensed vehicles per site (motorcycles exempt).
                                                                              ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

So, it would imply that more bikes can be put into a single site

• #10093 Reply
                                                                              David Eastly
                                                                              Participant
                                                                                @dave

An update – I was offered a gig that I couldn’t refuse for Friday evening, so I’ll be leaving early Saturday morning. I’ll camp Saturday only (I’ll chip in for both nights though) and probably miss Saturday’s day ride. I will get to join the group for campfire shenanigans, and the ride home Sunday. Abbreviated fun is better than no fun, right?

• #10094 Reply
                                                                                Alan DeCarr
                                                                                Participant
                                                                                  @adecarr

Just checking in to see if there was any information available regarding KSU time departure confirmation. I did see a post on Facebook that mentioned Schooner or Later restaurant as a departure location, but no departure time. Also, any info on a Saturday ride from Moro Bay? Thanks, I am planning on staying at the Holland.Thanks for any updates.

• #10096 Reply
                                                                                  Ron Zablocki
                                                                                  Moderator
                                                                                    @ron-z

I will be posting the ride’s GPS files here this evening after work. It’s a 9am KSU from Schooner or Later in LB. Get there earlier if you want breakfast.

• #10098 Reply
                                                                                    Chris Roady
                                                                                    Participant
                                                                                      @chris

*** UPDATE ***
                                                                                      I have been talking with Ron Z. and Roberto and we have made some adjustments. Spaces 76 (in my name) and 77 (in Karl Wagner’s name) have been cancelled. Space 79 and 80 were in Roberto and Sharon Wagners names, but are now assigned to Lisa and Rick. Good job Roberto!

• #10102 Reply
                                                                                      Rob Tripp
                                                                                      Participant
                                                                                        @rob

Good news Chris!

• #10104 Reply
                                                                                        Ron Zablocki
                                                                                        Moderator
                                                                                          @ron-z

Hey Rob – are you camping or hoteling for this?

• #10105 Reply
                                                                                          Ron Zablocki
                                                                                          Moderator
                                                                                            @ron-z

All righty then…. Here’s what everyone’s been waiting for! Attached are the GPS routes for this Fri, Sat and Sun – along with printable PDF files of each day’s route directions.

If we have one group for Sat’s ride, Steve Leo has volunteered to lead that ride as the route mostly comes from him. Please let me know if you have any questions.

Thanks! 🙂

• #10110 Reply
                                                                                            Ron Zablocki
                                                                                            Moderator
                                                                                              @ron-z

Okay, I could only upload 4 files at a time. Here are the remaining 2 route PDF files.

• #10114 Reply
                                                                                              Rob Tripp
                                                                                              Participant
                                                                                                @rob

Ron, Kellie and I are staying at the Holland.

• #10137 Reply
                                                                                                Ron Zablocki
                                                                                                Moderator
                                                                                                  @ron-z

The weather in Morro Bay made for a great Sat ride! And I’d like to thank Steve Leo for leading Sat’s ride – it was a great one!

There were no incidents that I’m aware of, and I hope everyone made it home safely.

I suppose a ride report is in order, along with pictures. I already have some pics, but if anyone has some they’d like to add please send them to me at:
                                                                                                  [email protected]

Thanks for an enjoyable weekend everyone!

• #10138 Reply
                                                                                                  Erasmo Brenes
                                                                                                  Participant
                                                                                                    @erasmo-b

Diane and I had a great time at the Morro Bay weekend. All who attended made the weekend a success.
                                                                                                    Thanks to Steve Leo for leading the ride through beautiful Central Coast. Riding through Nascimiento-Ferguson road is always a treat.
                                                                                                    Also, thanks to Ron for stepping up and taking the organizer role. Thanks to those who attended the
                                                                                                    tail-gate party last nite. You guys made it a success!! Must do it again! 🙂

• #10139 Reply
                                                                                                    Richard Catarineau
                                                                                                    Keymaster
                                                                                                      @rick-webmaster

Lisa and I had a great weekend. The Sat night tailgate party was a highlight (thanks to Diane and Erasmo), and kudos to Tripp for the Taco Temple. The ride down Naciamento was very cool and Steve picked some nice roads in the area. Attached are some pictures of the weekend. Thanks to all that put it on.

• #10162 Reply
                                                                                                      Chris Roady
                                                                                                      Participant
                                                                                                        @chris

Love that last pic Rick! Sounds like you pulled off a great ride Ron after taking the reins for Roberto👍🏻 Way to support your fellow BoD member and the club, thanks 👏🏼👏🏼

Viewing 47 reply threads
                                                                                                    Reply To: Central Coast Ride – Morro Bay – April 12-14, 2019!

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
                                                                                                    Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.

Your information: