Forums Calendar Events Baja Mexico Ride: April 24 – 26

• Creator
    Topic
  • #11551 Reply
    Eric Wolf
    Keymaster
      @wolf

Hi South Coasters!
      Yes, it’s true: SCBMWRC is riding to San Felipe, Mexico. Maybe you’ve never ridden outside of the U.S. or maybe you grew up riding Baja. No matter what, we are excited about this inaugural South Coast international adventure. Keep an eye on the website for further details and MAKE PLANS NOW to join your friends for a unique weekend of great food, lively music, beautiful riding, and indelible memories!

The 3-day trip—April 24-26—leaves from Irv Seaver on Friday, covering about 320 miles (or 515 km if you prefer ), traveling south through Tijuana and Ensenada, then east to San Felipe on the Sea of Cortez where we will stay in a hotel Friday and Saturday nights. Street and off road day-rides are planned for Saturday. We’ll return on Sunday to the good ole’ USA via the crossing at Tecate.

I am partnering with Jim Forman, capitalizing on his experience. Soon we’ll be posting information on the route, border crossing procedures, insurance requirements, ride pace and group size, lodging reservations, daily and overall cost, the meal plan, the GS and street day-ride, tolls, and refueling. Jim is regularly monitoring current road conditions and security as well.

We look forward to riding with you! Please sign up now on the ride list.
      Thanks,
      Eric and Jim

Viewing 6 reply threads
    • Author
      Replies
      • #11553 Reply
        Joe Alwan
        Participant
          @jalwan

Sounds great and pretty sure I can make it. Are these new dates? It’s in the calendar and on FB for April 17-19

• #11554 Reply
          Eric Wolf
          Keymaster
            @wolf

I hope you can.

Great question regarding the dates. Yes, the date has changed due to the original date clashing with Semana Santa–Holy Week. The calendar, ride list, and FB will be updated soon.

• #11556 Reply
            Karl Wagner
            Participant
              @sharons-hubby

mmmmmm, I can smell the aroma of the food already… 🙂

• #11558 Reply
              Chris Roady
              Participant
                @chris

Really looking forward to this one Eric! I used to RV and dirt bike out of San Felipe with my parents when I was in my teens. While I have ridden a lot of dirt in Baja over the years, I haven’t been back to San Felipe since the 1970’s .. going to be a really fun trip.

• #11562 Reply
                Eric Wolf
                Keymaster
                  @wolf
                • #11796 Reply
                  Eric Wolf
                  Keymaster
                    @wolf

Hi South Coasters!

Yes, it’s true: SCBMWRC is riding to San Felipe, Mexico. Maybe you’ve never ridden outside of the U.S. or maybe you grew up riding Baja. No matter what, we are excited about this South Coast international adventure. Keep an eye on the website for further details and MAKE PLANS NOW to join your friends for a unique weekend of great food, lively music, beautiful riding, and indelible memories!

The 3-day trip—April 24-26—leaves from Irv Seaver on Friday, covering about 320 miles (or 515 km if you prefer ), traveling south through Tijuana and Ensenada, then east to San Felipe on the Sea of Cortez where we will stay in a hotel Friday and Saturday nights. Street and off road day-rides are planned for Saturday. We’ll return on Sunday to the good ole’ USA via the crossing at Tecate.

I am partnering with Jim Forman, capitalizing on his experience. Soon we’ll be posting information on the route, border crossing procedures, insurance requirements, ride pace and group size, lodging reservations, daily and overall cost, the meal plan, the GS and street day-ride, tolls, and refueling. Jim is regularly monitoring current road conditions and security as well.

Plan on $80-$100 per day for fuel and food, and $100 per night for hotel. The cost of insurance is based on the value of your bike and you WILL NEED a passport to cross the border. You can update or get your passport at https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/passports.html/.

We look forward to riding with you! Please sign up now on the ride list.

• #12101 Reply
                    Eric Wolf
                    Keymaster
                      @wolf

Hey South Coasters,
                      Thanks for good discussion on this ride at the club meeting last Saturday. For those who missed it, here is the information that was passed.

SOUTH COAST BAJA RIDE
                      GREAT FOOD, LIVELY MUSIC, BEAUTIFUL RIDING, UNFORGETTABLE MEMORIES!

The 3-day trip—April 24-26—leaves from Irv Seaver on Friday, covering about 320 miles traveling south through Tijuana and Ensenada, then east to San Felipe on the Sea of Cortez where we will stay in a hotel Friday and Saturday nights. Street and off road day-rides are planned for Saturday. We’ll return on Sunday to the good ole’ USA via the crossing at Tecate.

Who, What, When, Where, Why

Route
                      Day 1: Irv Seaver south to border crossing at Tijuana, south to Ensenada for lunch, east to San Felipe. Hotel in San Felipe
                      Day 2: Day trip, street ride south on Hwy 5 to Coco’s Corner. GS’s day ride to Mike’s Sky Ranch. Hotel in San Felipe
                      Day 3: North toward Mexicali, west on Hwy 2D to border crossing at Tecate, north to release point, TBD.

$$$
                      Food and Fuel: $80-$100
                      Hotel: $100 per night
                      Insurance: based on the value of your motorcycle

Border Crossing
                      Passport: you WILL NEED one. https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/passports.html/.
                      Currency exchange: We will stop at the border to exchange dollars for pesos.

Viewing 6 reply threads
                  Reply To: Baja Mexico Ride: April 24 – 26

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
                  Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.

Your information: