Weekend Ride to Santa Ynez Valley

Forums Calendar Events Weekend Ride to Santa Ynez Valley

• Creator
    Topic
  • #4857 Reply
    Danny Wassenaar
    Participant
      @danny-w

Saturday & Sunday, June 10 & 11,ย  2017 — Weekend Ride to Santa Ynez Valley

Spend the weekend around the Danish village nestled in the Santa Ynez Valley that looks and smells like Christmas year-round, with twinkling lights at night and baked goods served fresh every morning. Solvang, is a unique village full of activities, seasonal festivals, wine-tasting rooms and delectable dining.

Kick-Stands-Up promptly Saturday at 9am, ย starting from the 405 and 22 Fwy, (parking lot behind the Spaghettini Restaurant).ย  Meander up the 405 and 10 fwy and ride the beautiful coastal range of the Santa Monica Mountains.ย  The club will stop for lunch about 70+ miles away in Conejo Valley at Chรขteau de Leo, that has ample parking and stunning vistas. Weโ€™ll wander the walkways and enjoy some camaraderie while being graciously served by the hosts and club members Jan & Steve Leo. ย Following lunch, weโ€™ll ride another +115 miles from the Leoโ€™s to Buellton via Ojai, Lake Casitas and Hwy 154. Weโ€™ll stay the night in Buellton (Solvang is too pricey during peak season), which is within 3.5 miles of Solvang. Rates have been negotiated and are better than you can get with Booking.com!

12 King and Queen size rooms have been blocked off under the SCBMWRC Group Name at the Sideways Inn. (3 out of 5 Stars, per Yelp)

Sideways Inn Contact:ย ย ย  (805) 688-8448

King Bed $166.50+ tax for the couples; 2 Queen beds per room forย  $175.50+ย  tax โ€“ for the single guys who want to share a room orย  a couple who wants separate beds.

Here’s a bonus idea:ย ย A van company in Solvangย will supply us with a van and driver for 4 to 5 hours for $50.00 per hour. If we have 15 people and use it for 4 hours it will be less than $15.00 perย  person. The van will be like a taxi and take people whenever and where ever they want to go in Solvang, Buellton, Santa Ynez etc. for dinner, drinks, and dancing. During that 4 to 5 hour period we can arrange to go to dinner, dancing,ย wine tasting,ย shops and barsย  โ€“ and back to the hotel.

Sunday, June 11: Your choice of rides to return back to OC. 1st choiceย is ~ย 170 milesย and we go from Buellton to Solvang where youโ€™ll find all sorts of interesting Danish-themed souvenirs. Switch out to tennis shoes and stroll your way through town in search of authentic gifts like wooden shoes, cuckoo clocks and unique clothing. Along the way, stop by a few of the bakeries and confectionaries for tasty treats like aebleskivers (pronounced able-skeevers). Youโ€™ll find those fluffy, donut hole-type goodies in a number of bakeries and restaurants, but the most popular bites can be found at Solvang Restaurantโ€™s walk-up window serving Arneโ€™s famous aebleskivers.ย Mom-and-pop restaurants and local cafes line the streets between the shops. This ride trip includes a stop at Cold Springs Tavern, as well as a fun and twisty ridge route ride on East Ciello Road before hitting the 101 & 405 Fwys.

2nd option: ride ~300 miles back to OC and include canyon twisties to Hwy 166 to Frazier Park, Lockwood Cyn – Hwy 33 to Ojai, Ventura, and then on to OC via 101 & 405 Fwys.

See GPX routes attached.

Sign upย on the ride list soon and make your reservations at Sideways Inn today!

Link to Calendarย  https://scbmwrc.com/event/weekend-ride-to-santa-ynez-valley/

Viewing 32 reply threads
    • Author
      Replies
      • #4875 Reply
        Danny Wassenaar
        Participant
          @danny-w
        • #4904 Reply
          Steve Leo
          Participant
            @steve

We want to welcome everyone to our home in Thousand Oaks for a great Deli Lunch. As we are far removed from most of you we thought it would be nice to have you to our new home for lunch on your way to the Santa Ynez Valley. We think you will enjoy the break in a long day of riding while filling your stomachs with some really good deli delights. We look forward to you joining us and hope you all can make the ride.

Jan & Steve Leo

• #4909 Reply
            Bill Reitz
            Participant
              @bill-r

Danny you should open Tyre then load these four files and “SAVE AS” GPX files so all GPS units can use them. Right now only Tyre users can load a TRF file.
              I tried to load the GPX file three times but could not so I deleted my post.

• #4915 Reply
              Michael Pirosh
              Participant
                @mpirosh

I’ve booked my room. Mike

• #4949 Reply
                Michael Lawler
                Participant
                  @michael-l

I second Bill’s .trf to .gpx conversion request….. Please

• #4950 Reply
                  Roberto Giraldes
                  Participant
                    @beto

I’ve just made my reservation.

• #4953 Reply
                    Larry Troffer
                    Participant
                      @larry-troffer

I’m in.

• #5045 Reply
                      Steve Leo
                      Participant
                        @steve

7 of the 12 rooms we have blocked at the Sideways Inn in Buellton have been reserved. We have 5 rooms left so don’t wait too long to call the Sideways Inn and book your room. Call 805-688-8448 and refer to the SCBMWRC Group to get a room in the block and the special rates.

Attachments:
                      • #5103 Reply
                        Danny Wassenaar
                        Participant
                          @danny-w

Planned Routes converted from TYRE to GPeXchange format for Garmin users:

Don’t delay in booking a room!

• #5108 Reply
                          Roberto Giraldes
                          Participant
                            @beto

I am not going to go anymore so I canceled my reservation yesterday.

• #5119 Reply
                            Richard Catarineau
                            Keymaster
                              @rick-webmaster

This event is on the Ride List now, so please update your selections.

• #5145 Reply
                              Lisa Catarineau
                              Participant
                                @lisa-catarineau

I’m in! Helene is coming too ๐Ÿ™‚ We are definitely interested in the bonus idea!

• #5277 Reply
                                David Omlor
                                Participant
                                  @david

I am bummed to have to share that I will not be able to participate in this ride after all.
                                  I canceled my reservation at Sideways, so a room has become available if needed.
                                  Y’all have a fun, safe ride.

• #5341 Reply
                                  Jessie Vaca
                                  Participant
                                    @jtb-vaca

I’ve booked a double room if anyone would like to share a room
                                    Jessie Vaca

• #5424 Reply
                                    Jessie Vaca
                                    Participant
                                      @jtb-vaca

I just found out I have a scheduling conflict, won’t be able to make it on the ride

• #5480 Reply
                                      Paul Nelson
                                      Participant
                                        @paul

Nelson just booked Yippee!!

• #5481 Reply
                                        Bikram
                                        Participant
                                          @bikram

Just booked the last available room!

• #5482 Reply
                                          Rob Tripp
                                          Participant
                                            @rob

Kellie and I are in. We have a room booked.

• #5483 Reply
                                            Steve Leo
                                            Participant
                                              @steve

Santa Ynez Valley Ride

Rooms still available at the Sideways Inn
                                              I just checked and we have 2 rooms still available at the Sideways Inn for Saturday night June 10th
                                              805-688-8448 to book your room

• #5506 Reply
                                              Ron Zablocki
                                                @ron-z

I’ve booked my room as well. Though not sure at this point if the wife is coming along.

• #5668 Reply
                                                Barney Harris
                                                Participant
                                                  @bee-and-mee

Marylyn and I will not be able stay overnight however, we will start with the club at the restaurant in the AM, have lunch with you guys in Thousand Oaks, then break off in Ojai or Santa Barbara to head back home. If we’re ambitious we may go all the way to Santa Ynez but that’s Marylyn’s call (-:

-Barney

• #5675 Reply
                                                  Dale Sprosty
                                                  Participant
                                                    @cupcake

Barney,

Jesse Vaca, new membership chair, has both your club badges and will hand those off when he sees you. Look forward to seeing you and Marylyn on a ride in the near future.

• #5684 Reply
                                                    Dale Sprosty
                                                    Participant
                                                      @cupcake

I just booked the last available room for Saturday night. I have a commitment Saturday morning so will by pass the luncheon at the Leo’s and meet the group in Buellton.

• #5685 Reply
                                                      Steve Leo
                                                      Participant
                                                        @steve

I just checked with the Sideways Inn and they still have rooms available so I held one more room for our group. If anyone still wants to go please call the Sideways Inn 805-688-8448 and book your room. I will be releasing this last room on Wednesday morning.

• #5687 Reply
                                                        Bill Reitz
                                                        Participant
                                                          @bill-r

Karen & I can make the ride up on Saturday, can’t stay over but she misses all you guys. See you at Spaghettini before 9.
                                                          Diane & Bob will be riding up also, not staying overnight.

• #5695 Reply
                                                          Karl Wagner
                                                          Participant
                                                            @sharons-hubby

Looks like it is going to be one fun time Saturday at the Leo’s with this gang!!! Perhaps we should all just pack sleeping bags, cancel the hotel reservations and spend the the night there!!!

Nah, need to ride a bit more! ๐Ÿ™‚

• #5739 Reply
                                                            Danny Wassenaar
                                                            Participant
                                                              @danny-w

Last Minute Update: Please note a deviation is being made to the route for the first leg of tomorrow’s ride. For those interested in tracking and loading-up navigating devices with the exact route to be taken, attached is the new route in both GPX & Tyre file formats. We now intend to go from the 405 Fwy, I-10, & PCH and make our first right turn into the mountains on Los Flores Cyn Rd. This way, we’ll take our time rolling thru more turns to get to Chateau Leo for lunch by throwing in Schueren Rd, Stunt Rd, & on to Mulholland Hwy. We’ll plan our first short stop at the Rock Store, then continue on Mulholland turning north on Hwy 23 (which turns into Westlake Blvd), then left on Hillcrest, right on Erbes, and finally a left on Hauser circle, arriving hopefully around 11:30 am.

The Kick-Stands-Up (KSU) time and location remain the same: 9:am Spaghettini Restaurant Parking Lot, 3005 Old Ranch Parkway, Seal Beach, California 90740, (Seal Beach Blvd and 405/22 fwy).

Although the Ride Sign-Up List reflects differently, head count for tomorrow’s lunch stop is now up to 27!!! Weather looks to be great for the ride to Santa Ynez; remember to gas up in advance of KSU. See Ya Sooner!

• #5742 Reply
                                                              Michael Lawler
                                                              Participant
                                                                @michael-l

I have “tasked” with a, well, … task Saturday AM. I’ll meet the group at Leo’s.

• #5757 Reply
                                                                Ron Zablocki
                                                                  @ron-z

Lorna and I made it home safe and sound around 6pm. We had a great time – thanks everyone!

• #5761 Reply
                                                                  Karl Wagner
                                                                  Participant
                                                                    @sharons-hubby

Nice weekend, pictures on FB page and will send to Mark B for this page. Many thanks to the Wassenaar’s and Leo’s for leading and hosting this weekend! The Karoake bus is still ringing in my ears….fun weekend.

• #5762 Reply
                                                                    Bill Reitz
                                                                    Participant
                                                                      @bill-r

Karen & I had a great time. Nice roads and a beautiful lunch setting. Jan’s cake was good too. ๐Ÿ˜‰ Thanks to all that put this together.

• #5767 Reply
                                                                      Bikram
                                                                      Participant
                                                                        @bikram

Thanks to Leo’s for hosting lunch, and arranging for great Mercedes pickup/drop off. Thanks to Danny for leading those amazing rides. I truly had fun riding, eating, etc.

Reached home yesterday at 4:40 PM

• #5775 Reply
                                                                        Rob Tripp
                                                                        Participant
                                                                          @rob

Kellie and I had a great weekend. Thanks to Steve and Jan for hosting a wonderful lunch with five star view. Thanks Danny for leading the ride. We really enjoyed the hitting some new roads and meeting new people.

Cheers!

Viewing 32 reply threads
                                                                      Reply To: Weekend Ride to Santa Ynez Valley

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
                                                                      Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.

Your information: