Wanted to purchase – Used or New Sargent seat for GSA (2014)

Wanted to purchase – Used or New Sargent seat for GSA (2014)

Forums Classifieds Wanted to purchase – Used or New Sargent seat for GSA (2014)

• Creator
    Topic
  • #13993 Reply
    Bill Prevette
    Participant
      @billprevette

Thanks to Ed Taylor for this suggestion. I am new to the club.

My 2014 GSA OEM seat was cut (DYI) down by the previous owner. I need to replace it. I am looking for a Sargent or Seat Concepts touring seat, but I am open to seeing what might be available in the club before I purchase new.

Please let me know if you have leads or one you want to sell.
      Bill Prevette
      714-510-4864
      [email protected]

WC Prevette

Viewing 6 reply threads
    • Author
      Replies
      • #13998 Reply
        Henry Salari
        Keymaster
          @goat
        • #13999 Reply
          Bill Prevette
          Participant
            @billprevette

Thanks Henry – that is a Rallye seat – lower than mine and built for the Dakar Rallye race – don’t think it would be great for the sort of riding we are doing. Appreciate the link’

WC Prevette

• #14003 Reply
            Chris Roady
            Participant
              @chris

Bill, have you considered sending your seat pan into someone like Russel Day Long for a seat built specifically for you? They are a little pricey, but very comfortable. I have had a Bill Meyer, used a Sargent for 4 days at an MOA rally and finally selected the RDL and have been pleased with it for several years.

Speaking of the Sargent, they take seats to the rally’s (June in Montana with a club ride planned for this year) and you can ride the entire rally with it and purchase if you like it, or return it if you don’t. Pretty cool policy.

• #14005 Reply
              Bill Prevette
              Participant
                @billprevette

Hey Chris, Thanks for this. Yesterday, Ed Taylor put me in touch with Legendary Motorcycle Seats in Ventura (Adrian is the owner). I plan to stop by and see him when I come back from Buellton. Adrian does custom seats. He will work with my height (6’3”) and how I sit on the bike and then make a custom seat – he can do it that same day. I looked at Russel Day Long online – great looking seat but more than I can spend. Ed has been a GREAT help – so glad I found this club. Adrian made Ed’s last seat and he seems really happy with it.

I am planning on the next 3-4 club rides, hope to meet you.

WC Prevette

• #14006 Reply
                Chris Roady
                Participant
                  @chris

I may have to get that number from you or Ed also since I have a 75/5 seat I would like to have modified but don’t want to drop RDL coin on. Hope to re-engage with the club “in person” soon since I get my 2nd Covid vax tomorrow. Look forward to meeting you as well Bill.

• #14007 Reply
                  Steve Leo
                  Participant
                    @steve

Both my wife and I just got our seats done by Legendary in Ventura. We are both really happy with the seats. What makes them so great is that if there are any problems or places on the seat that bother you, you can go back and have them adjust the seat for you. The first go at my seat was not very good but it really works well now. They ended up rebuilding the whole seat for me.

• #14008 Reply
                    Steve Leo
                    Participant
                      @steve

Legendary – Ventura (805) 212-9582

Viewing 6 reply threads
                  Reply To: Wanted to purchase – Used or New Sargent seat for GSA (2014)

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
                  Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.

Your information: