The 2023 RANGE OF LIGHT GYPSY TOUR!

The 2023 RANGE OF LIGHT GYPSY TOUR!

Forums Rides The 2023 RANGE OF LIGHT GYPSY TOUR!

• Creator
    Topic
  • #20189 Reply
    Eric Wolf
    Keymaster
      @wolf

What’s a Gypsy Tour you ask?  It’s a riding rally.  That is to say that it has an established beginning point but you don’t really know where you’ll end up until the night before when you receive the directions for the next day.  This year that starting point will be in Elk Creek, CA.  This is the way NorCal describes the event:

The rally we know today had its humble beginnings in 1991 when a group of BMW NorCal visionaries  organized this event to ride, camp, and celebrate some of the best riding of the Sierra Nevada – the “Range of Light”.  And while these days we technically stray out of the Range of Light, we still stay true to the original intent of the first ROL Rallies. 

Today riders can look forward to:

• Two days of some of the best riding in the State, destinations unknown.
      • 3 nights grassy camping.
      • Hot showers Saturday and Sunday Nights.
      • Catered dinners Friday, Saturday and Sunday Nights
      • Complimentary cold drinks each night!
      • Poker Run with great prizes!
      • Fun door prizes and sponsor swag.
      • Sag wagon to haul your gear (soft luggage only).
      • Rescue wagon in case there’s a problem.
      • Printed route booklets, shared Rever route files/downloadable .gpx files.
      • Rally shirts, pins, and stickers. 
      • Great Camaraderie. 
      • BEST. TIME. EVER.

While this isn’t one of our official club rides, there are several of us going this year.  If you are interested in joining, add yourself to this forum thread and reach out to me so that I can include you in the planning.  You’ll need to sign up with NorCal for the event and pay the registration fee at this link.  Early-bird registration, $120, closes Aug 5th, after which the cost goes up to $145.

Viewing 5 reply threads
    • Author
      Replies
      • #20193 Reply
        Ron Zablocki
          @ron-z

Is there anyone going on this that’s NOT camping?

• #20194 Reply
          Eric Wolf
          Keymaster
            @wolf

It’s really setup to be a camping rally.

Since you don’t know your destination until the night before, it would be hard, but not impossible, to hotel.

• #20253 Reply
            Eric Wolf
            Keymaster
              @wolf

The ROL is coming up fast, Sept 1-4, so if you are interested in going, please let me know.  If you are even curious, I’ll add you to my email planning list that I’m starting today.

• #20254 Reply
              Ric Magrath
                @ric-magrath

The NORCAL club web site shows they have over 250 registered to attend as of 8/8/2023.

Wow!

Included in that list from SCBMWRC is;

Eric Wolf, Karl and Sharon Wagner, Carl Tung, Harry Hoffman and Ric Magrath

• #20255 Reply
                Eric Wolf
                Keymaster
                  @wolf

Thanks Ric,  I’ll add you to my planning email list.

• #20410 Reply
                  Ric Magrath
                    @ric-magrath

As of 8/29/2023 the number of riders registered for the 2023 ROL Gypsy Tour is 297. I counted 150 riders that are not members of the Nor Cal club.  What a turn out!

Viewing 5 reply threads
                Reply To: The 2023 RANGE OF LIGHT GYPSY TOUR!

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
                Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.

Your information: