Summer Solstice Ride 2016

Forums Calendar Events Summer Solstice Ride 2016

• Creator
    Topic
  • #2768 Reply
    John Crittenden
    Participant
      @john-c

The date for this Annual Ride by Ralf Tuchmann is Friday, June 17. The meeting point will be the Chevron station, just off the I-5 in Frazier Park, 7:00 a.m. sharp. The route will be to Ragged Point on PCH/U.S. 1 for lunch. Total miles will be 700-750 miles for the day.

“Historically a group of riders from south county that met up at a Harbor Cafe resturant in Seal Beach on PCH at 5:00am (4:30 if you wanted breakfast) and then rode to Frazer Park to meet other riders at 7:00am.” Dan Burtt

Click here for Calendar Event https://scbmwrc.com/event/summer-solstice-ride/

Viewing 13 reply threads
    • Author
      Replies
      • #2778 Reply
        Bill Reitz
        Participant
          @bill-r

Just so you know, I did a Google Search on the Shell station and it came back PERMANENTLY CLOSED. It can still be a meeting point but you will need to gas up at another location.

• #2780 Reply
          Karl Wagner
          Participant
            @sharons-hubby

This being the last Ralf Solstice ride…..I may have to be “sick” this day………..

• #2782 Reply
            Dan Burtt
            Participant
              @dlburtt

Historically a group of riders from south county that met up at a Harbor Cafe resturant in Seal Beach on PCH at 5:00am (4:30 if you wanted breakfast) and then rode to Frazer Park to meet other riders at 7:00am.
              Can this be added to the ride description?

• #2783 Reply
              Karl Wagner
              Participant
                @sharons-hubby

Good Catch Dan, I am in for bfast at the Harbor Cafe if anyone else is. Nice to start the ride with a group as the sun is staring to rise!

Who is in?

K

• #2786 Reply
                John Crittenden
                Participant
                  @john-c

Updated the Shell to ARCO on the forum topic, and included Dan’s suggestion on Breakfast at the Harbor Cafe (and also deleted your double post, Karl—-for free!)

• #2789 Reply
                  Bill Reitz
                  Participant
                    @bill-r

I have updated the Facebook page to reflect the Arco Station location and the Harbor Cafe for those who want to eat there.
                    I know Karl called the Shell and found it to be an Arco now but there already was an Arco down the street from this Shell station with a Chevron in between.

• #2790 Reply
                    Erasmo Brenes
                    Participant
                      @erasmo-b

Not to add more confusion, but traditionally, we meet at the Chevron off Frazer Mtn Park Rd. It is the first gas station, on your right after getting off from the I-5.
                      But it is not my ride, so you can meet at Arco 🙂

• #2793 Reply
                      John Crittenden
                      Participant
                        @john-c

Erasmo is correct. Sorry about this, but am doing this for Ralf, and didn’t have full info. Corrected the original post and Calendar.

• #2794 Reply
                        Karl Wagner
                        Participant
                          @sharons-hubby

Let’s just get to riding! 🙂

• #2795 Reply
                          Ralf Tuchmann
                          Participant
                            @ralf-t

harbor house café in sunset bch leave time is 0500, don’t be late. frazer park leave time 0700 don’t be late. if you want to eat before we leave get there be for we leave. also if you ride slow and because of the miles on this day ride you might want to meet at ragget point. I plan on doing this ride a little bit differently this year so we can not be slow. if you have never been on this ride plan on all day well until after dark.

• #2796 Reply
                            Dale Sprosty
                            Participant
                              @cupcake

I’m at Harbor House ready tom go Ralf!

• #2797 Reply
                              Bikram
                              Participant
                                @bikram

Just to clear out the air on Chevron.

I called Marty, a very sweet lady at Chevron:
                                Chevron
                                161 Frazier Mountain Park Rd
                                (661) 248-6478

and she said:
                                1. CHEVRON which has Subway, is still open
                                2. Next to them is ARCO which has Quiznos, is also open. They used to be called SHELL
                                3. Across the street is J-FLYING and they will be closed in August for construction.

During middle of June, I’ll be travelling to mid-west and will not be able to participate. This is would be the only Solstice’s ride of Ralf that I would be missing out on. I believe I’ve been on 3.

• #3078 Reply
                                Karl Wagner
                                Participant
                                  @sharons-hubby

Looks like I am out for Fridays Ride, this “Work” thing keeps getting in the way!!! Guess I will have to be a Saturday Ride this week!!!

Have fun guys,

K

• #3080 Reply
                                  Dale Sprosty
                                  Participant
                                    @cupcake

Going to miss you Karl. Should be fun.

Viewing 13 reply threads
                                Reply To: Summer Solstice Ride 2016

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
                                Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.

Your information: