Recommendation for a cot

Forums General Recommendation for a cot

• Creator
    Topic
  • #14314 Reply
    Jacob Furgatch
    Participant
      @jake

Looking for recommendations for a lightweight camping cot. Preferably something off of Amazon for a quick ship.

Viewing 4 reply threads
    • Author
      Replies
      • #14315 Reply
        Willis Ho
        Participant
          @willis_ho

John C. And I have the same KingCamp cot, Howard B. ordered one from Amazon too. Got it the week before the trip, you will have time to return it if you do not like it.

KingCamp Folding Camping Cot Lightweight Compact Portable Outdoor Bed Comfortable Sleeping Cots for Adults&Kids, Fits Single Air Mattress Pad, Camping Traveling, Backpacking 4.9 Pounds Support 265lbs

• #14316 Reply
          Willis Ho
          Participant
            @willis_ho

This one has the same cantilever locking legs design at a lower price.

• #14318 Reply
            Bill Reitz
            Participant
              @bill-r

REI has a very nice, light weight, cot that folds up small and is easily packed.

• #14319 Reply
              Ed Taylor
                @etaylorrisksolutions-inc-com

I have the Helinox cot. I only use it in warm weather, and places that I know are going to be rocky. On a cold night there is no insulation between you and the air circulating under the cot. I learned this the hard way. I have carried a thin thermarest pad that I can put on the cot when Its really cold, but then that’s two items. I still just use a good air mattress when it’s not summer camping. Just my thoughts.

• #14321 Reply
                Chris Roady
                Participant
                  @chris

Jake, I recently picked up a cheapy Amazon version to try it out. Helinox seems to be the gold standard if you don’t want to potentially buy twice. I will likely still put my air pad on it to address Ed’s comment. In the hammock world it is referred to as CBS .. cold butt syndrome. For the hammock I have an underquilt that attaches externally below it. For long trips like the rally I end up taking hammock and tent .. hammock is great for overnighters, tent is nice if in one place more than a day. Poor RT is gonna look like it belongs to the Beverly Hillbillies moving out West …. again.

Viewing 4 reply threads
              Reply To: Recommendation for a cot

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
              Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.

Your information: