New Years Eve at Borrego Springs

New Years Eve at Borrego Springs

Forums Rides New Years Eve at Borrego Springs

• Creator
    Topic
  • #18201 Reply
    Pete Rissman
      @thatpete

I have a 1-night campsite reservation at Tamarisk Grove Campground in Anza Borrego State Park for New Years Eve. The reservation is for Saturday 12/31/22 after 2:00 PM until Sunday 1/1/23 at noon. My plan is to take a leisurely ride out there on Saturday, spend New Years Eve under the stars, and return on Sunday. I usually just stay home on New Years Eve, but this year I decided to do something. I’m aging too damned fast to just sit around.

A couple of fellow South Coasters would be welcome company. I figure 3 bikes and 3 tents (including my own) will be the limit. And FWIW, I got the last available campsite for New Years Eve at Tamarisk according to the California State Parks Reservation System.

Your only camping expense will be an extra motorcycle fee (if they charge it). The first 2 members to ask will get the nod.

Pete

Viewing 4 reply threads
    • Author
      Replies
      • #18202 Reply
        Pete Rissman
          @thatpete

Finally found it: The extra vehicle fee is $10 per vehicle, but they may not charge it for extra motorcycles.

rePete

• #18205 Reply
          Karl Wagner
          Participant
            @sharons-hubby

Thanks for the offer Pete, would enjoy coming along, but we have are camping with the family.
            The Airheads used to have a New Year Eve event down in that area, may want to cross paths with them.

Happy New Year!

• #18219 Reply
            Eric Wolf
            Keymaster
              @wolf

Sounds fun Pete.  Unfortunately, I’ll be out of town with family though.  HAPPY NEW YEAR, early!

• #18281 Reply
              Pete Rissman
                @thatpete

Happy New Years, everyone, and no, I’m not in the Anza-Borrego Desert. Tent camping during a storm is something I only do when I have to, and I didn’t have to.

So I’m home, and I’ll probably see in the new year from the comfort of my own bed. Old guys may rule, but we do it early.

• #18282 Reply
                Eric Wolf
                Keymaster
                  @wolf

Good call Pete.

Viewing 4 reply threads
              Reply To: New Years Eve at Borrego Springs

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
              Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.

Your information: