Mt Laguna Music Fest – New Date, September 29-30, 2018

Forums Calendar Events Mt Laguna Music Fest – New Date, September 29-30, 2018

• Creator
    Topic
  • #8448 Reply
    Karl Wagner
    Participant
      @sharons-hubby

Brandon Wilson will be the Ride Leader for this new weekend. Details forthcoming in coming weeks, however the general info below remains.

A weekend ride out to Mt Laguna to enjoy a music festival, hiking or more riding. Should be a fun, relaxing weekend, after a short ride there you can hang out at the music festival, go for a hike, or take a short ride.
      The music festival information and purchase tickets can be found at:
      http://www.mountlagunamusicfest.org/home.html
      We are staying at the Laguna Mtn Lodge, site of the last SCBMWRC Un-Rally. The Motel type room, can be reserved for one night. Cabins can also be reserved, but they require a two night stay. We will each need to call in to make the reservation:
      http://www.lagunamountain.com/
      . .
      Will have a return ride route back Sunday for those interested.

Viewing 23 reply threads
    • Author
      Replies
      • #8453 Reply
        Roberto Giraldes
        Participant
          @beto

Karl! Check in is at 3:00 pm.

• #8462 Reply
          Roberto Giraldes
          Participant
            @beto

Thanks Karl!

• #8468 Reply
            Bill Allen
            Blocked
              @lucky

I would like to go, but I would likely go up early to catch the Music Festival and, either hang around until the room is available or find a campsite.

• #8475 Reply
              Michael Pirosh
              Participant
                @mpirosh

I am in for Laguna. Thanks for all of the work!!

• #8591 Reply
                Eric Wolf
                Keymaster
                  @wolf

Just wondering if there is onsite camping? I’m in either way.
                  Eric

• #8593 Reply
                  Karl Wagner
                  Participant
                    @sharons-hubby

Hi Eric, yes, check out the website for the event. There is a campsite very near the venue

• #8600 Reply
                    Bill Allen
                    Blocked
                      @lucky

I just booked a campsite at Burnt Rancheria, about 0.6 miles from the music festival. I have the site reserved for Friday and Saturday nights. Although the campsite will hold 8 people, space is limited to 2 vehicles which, hopefully, means 4 motorcycles. If anyone wishes to join me, drop me a note.

• #8611 Reply
                      Karl Wagner
                      Participant
                        @sharons-hubby

Hey all, I received a call from Nika the Music Festival and she said the website for the festival has not been updated. Please do not register for the festival yet. I will post when she informs me it is current. Thank you.

• #8613 Reply
                        Bill Allen
                        Blocked
                          @lucky

Got my campsite changed!

• #8615 Reply
                          Brandon Wilson
                          Keymaster
                            @brandon-w

Hey Bill, I will join you for Camping 🙂 Count me in!

• #8619 Reply
                            Karl Wagner
                            Participant
                              @sharons-hubby

I regret the organizers of this event moved it one week later and I am unable to lead the ride on the last weekend in September. Considering this late move and that the organizers appear to be late in getting bands and other things together, we are going to cancel this venue.

I hope to set up another weekend ride on this same weekend, September 22-23, 2018 at another venue, likely coastal to make it a cooler venue also.

We should have info posted within a week. Please cancel any reservations you have and do not make any more at this time.

Regretfully,

Karl Wagner
                              BOD

• #8620 Reply
                              Bill Allen
                              Blocked
                                @lucky

Arghhhh!!!!!

• #8621 Reply
                                Bill Allen
                                Blocked
                                  @lucky

Arghhhh!!!!!

• #8622 Reply
                                  David Omlor
                                  Participant
                                    @david

Anyone else already make their reservations? I expect that I will go to the Mountain Lodge anyway because the $50 reservation cancellation fee ( http://www.lagunamountain.com/rates.htm ) is steep. Anyway, this is such a beautiful location for a ride and dinner overnight. There will have to be a very compelling alternative ride to override the $50 cancellation fee. And, without the crowds going for the music weekend, it will be much more pleasant venue for SCBMWRC evening dinner, campfire, camaraderie…less traffic to dodge…peace and solitude…

• #8623 Reply
                                    Karl Wagner
                                    Participant
                                      @sharons-hubby

Well, that would be an alternative, just to keep the dates, but now music festival. We can set up a route heading South, TBD, ending up staying in Mt. Laguna for the night, return route Sunday. How about a poll from those who were planning on going:

Stay with a day ride So Cal ending in Mt. Laguna 9/22-23? What say you?

• #8628 Reply
                                      Roberto Giraldes
                                      Participant
                                        @beto

Karl! I was interested in participating in the music festival. As there will be no festival, I’m not interested in spending the night there as suggested. Thank you.

• #8630 Reply
                                        Karl Wagner
                                        Participant
                                          @sharons-hubby

I get it Roberto, we were looking for an afternoon/evening event type ride and liked the idea. No matter what happens in September, hope everyone can keep an eye out in the future for venues with events that might make a good ride destination, does not have to be a big event, probably better if not. Thanks for the feedback.

Anyone else?

• #8635 Reply
                                          Bill Allen
                                          Blocked
                                            @lucky

If there is even a possibility of a music festival (currently scheduled for the 29th and 30th according to the festival’s website), I would prefer to go on that weekend.

I moved my campsite reservation to the following weekend, 2 nights (Friday and Saturday).

Perhaps those who made hotel reservations can change them rather than cancel with little or no financial burden. It cost me $10 to change the campsite reservation. No big whoop.

Karl – If you cannot lead the ride due to other committments, perhaps someone else can take over. I believe this approached was discussed for events less than 90 days out and agreed upon at the calendar planning meeting.
                                            Just my two cents.

• #8636 Reply
                                            Karl Wagner
                                            Participant
                                              @sharons-hubby

That is a fine idea Bill, and sounds reasonable for the lodge to just change the reservation without forfeiting the deposit. Can everyone who has made reservations at the lodge to date make the following weekend?

If we have a leader, that sounds like the best choice.

What does the group say? Anyone willing to lead on the next weekend?

• #8638 Reply
                                              Bill Allen
                                              Blocked
                                                @lucky

Karl – I recommend posting the event even if there is no ride leader identified today. One can be identified at a later date and this detail does not significantly affect the event. In the meantime, the event, less than 90 days out, is shown as cancelled on the website and on Facebook. I don’t know how many times interested parties are going to check back to see if there are any changes to the event.

Thank you.

• #8640 Reply
                                                Bill Reitz
                                                Participant
                                                  @bill-r

Why not just make this a “Get yourself there” event then no ride leader is needed, or groups of friends can ride together ?

Soooo, do I put it back on Facebook as UNCANCELLED ??

• #8645 Reply
                                                  Karl Wagner
                                                  Participant
                                                    @sharons-hubby

All,

We have decided to reschedule this ride to coincide with the new music festival date. Brandon Wilson will be the new ride leader with more details to come. Please change your reservations as needed, or make them if you have not, on this new weekend.

Thank you,

Karl

• #8646 Reply
                                                    Karl Wagner
                                                    Participant
                                                      @sharons-hubby

All,

We have decided to reschedule this ride to coincide with the new music festival date. Brandon Wilson will be the new ride leader with more details to come. Please change your reservations as needed, or make them if you have not, on this new weekend.

Thank you,

Karl

• #8647 Reply
                                                      Karl Wagner
                                                      Participant
                                                        @sharons-hubby

All,

Thank you,

Karl

Viewing 23 reply threads
                                                    Reply To: Mt Laguna Music Fest – New Date, September 29-30, 2018

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
                                                    Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.

Your information: