Kernville Weekend

Forums Rides Kernville Weekend

• Creator
    Topic
  • #6168 Reply
    John Crittenden
    Participant
      @john-c

I have 12 rooms blocked for the SCBMWRC for the W/E of 29 Sept-1 October (less one for Beth and I).    Please call the Kernville Inn to reserve your room (ref SCBMWRC)—–we have until 8 September for these reserved rooms.   Phone number is on the Calendar information.   I was quoted $113.53 per room, after 10% discount and tax.

Route to, if you wish to ride there with the group, will be posted later, along with a Saturday ride.

Link to Calendarhttps://scbmwrc.com/event/kernville/

Viewing 62 reply threads
    • Author
      Replies
      • #6183 Reply
        David Omlor
        Participant
          @david

…less one more room…reservation confirmed!
          Back to the scene of the ……boo boo…. 🙂

• #6184 Reply
          Richard Catarineau
          Keymaster
            @rick-webmaster

Lisa and I are going. Got a room with a queen bed for 207.98 for 2 nights.

Do we dare try Breckenridge again? (I’m game.)

• #6185 Reply
            Troy Stone
            Participant
              @stonetroy

Troy and Michele are booked. The foot is healed and we’re ready to ride. See everyon there.

• #6187 Reply
              Steve Leo
              Participant
                @steve

The Leo’s are going this year after missing the last Kernville trip. Great venue and fun ride. Hotel booked and confirmed!

• #6188 Reply
                Roberto Giraldes
                Participant
                  @beto

I’m going as well. Have already made my reservation.

• #6189 Reply
                  Bikram
                  Participant
                    @bikram

I can’t go, I will be in Cabo San Lucas. I booked my vacation day for Kernville, and only to be advised that I am taking that week off. Dang!

• #6190 Reply
                    Chris Roady
                    Participant
                      @chris

Wish I could … weekend for mine and my better halfs birthdays.

• #6191 Reply
                      Rob Tripp
                      Participant
                        @rob

Kellie and I are going, room booked.

• #6213 Reply
                        Mark Borgeson
                        Participant
                          @borgie

Chris – what better way to spend a birthday weekend? I’ll sing happy birthday to both of you two after a few…

• #6258 Reply
                          Mark Borgeson
                          Participant
                            @borgie

Ok, my room’s booked. There are 4 remaining.

• #6273 Reply
                            Mark Borgeson
                            Participant
                              @borgie

To be more precise, there were 4 rooms remaining at the $113 rate. The remaining rooms only have 2 full beds. There are other rooms available at higher rates with King and Queen beds, suites, etc., and they will give us the 10% off those too.

• #6276 Reply
                              Chris Roady
                              Participant
                                @chris

Sounds wonderful to me Mark, but probably not so much to my non-riding better half …. Perhaps a singing telegram from Kernville after a few 😉

• #6287 Reply
                                Steve Hughson
                                Participant
                                  @steve-hughson

Hi John,

Please count me in for the Kernville trip as well. I enjoy camping so I am going to camp across the river at the “Frandy Park Campground”. Hopefully, that’s close to the hotel.

• #6288 Reply
                                  John Crittenden
                                  Participant
                                    @john-c

Great, Steve. Yes, easy walk. Hope it’s not too noisy for you over on the River!

• #6289 Reply
                                    Karl Wagner
                                    Participant
                                      @sharons-hubby

Hey Roady,

I see it is YOUR bday on 9/27…..you sure you are not bailing on Kernville to celebrate YOUR bday????? :0

What a way to celebrate BOTH of your Birthdays, with South Coasters in Kernville!!!!

K

• #6290 Reply
                                      Chris Roady
                                      Participant
                                        @chris

The better half’s birthday in 10/2 Karl … the family deal is usually combined!

• #6291 Reply
                                        Karl Wagner
                                        Participant
                                          @sharons-hubby

Well, you are certainly going to both get a SCBMWRC a singing telegram text from your South Coast family!

• #6313 Reply
                                          Brandon Wilson
                                          Keymaster
                                            @brandon-w

Hi Steve,

Want to split the camp fees? I too want to camp this weekend and we can have three tents per site. Let me know.

Thanks,
                                            Brandon

• #6315 Reply
                                            Steve Hughson
                                            Participant
                                              @steve-hughson

Hi Brandon,
                                              Sure, that sounds like a great plan. As mentioned, I already have the spot reserved and the lady that runs the camp says it’s a good spot. Looking forward to the trip!

• #6316 Reply
                                              Brandon Wilson
                                              Keymaster
                                                @brandon-w

Fantastic Steve. Sounds like a plan.

• #6317 Reply
                                                Chuck Waychoff
                                                Participant
                                                  @chuck-w

I will be the third tent on the site. Thanks!

• #6328 Reply
                                                  Brandon Wilson
                                                  Keymaster
                                                    @brandon-w

Awesome Chuck!

• #6359 Reply
                                                    Bill Reitz
                                                    Participant
                                                      @bill-r

Karen & Bill are in for Kernville. We couldn’t pass up this GREAT South Coaster favorite weekend. There are still rooms (at least one more) available as of 10am Sept 6. I hope we try Breckenridge Rd again !!

• #6401 Reply
                                                      Mark Borgeson
                                                      Participant
                                                        @borgie

John, I’ll meet you all at Kernville on Friday afternoon. I’m coming in from the North.

• #6418 Reply
                                                        Steve Leo
                                                        Participant
                                                          @steve

I vote to do Breckenridge Road on the way up this year….. NO SNOW in the forecast!!!!

• #6419 Reply
                                                          Karl Wagner
                                                          Participant
                                                            @sharons-hubby

Are you riding to Portland Mark???? You lucky dog! Have fun!

• #6420 Reply
                                                            Steve Leo
                                                            Participant
                                                              @steve

I thought these might be a nice reminder of our last time on Breackenridge Road

• #6423 Reply
                                                              Bill Reitz
                                                              Participant
                                                                @bill-r

Ah Steve, those pix brought back some fond memories….. it was a good weekend after that.

• #6425 Reply
                                                                Mark Borgeson
                                                                Participant
                                                                  @borgie

Karl – I’m taking the long way to Kernville via Portland, OR 🙂
                                                                  See you at the Aerostich popup event.

• #6426 Reply
                                                                  Karl Wagner
                                                                  Participant
                                                                    @sharons-hubby

What a great idea!! Have a good ride Mark!

• #6427 Reply
                                                                    John Crittenden
                                                                    Participant
                                                                      @john-c

Well, it’s about time! Here is the proposed route to Kernville, leaving Panera Bread in La Canada at 10 a.m.
                                                                      Lunch is scheduled in Rosamond at Patty’s Cafe, followed by a snowstorm on Breckenridge Road!
                                                                      For those interested, the Hill Street Cafe across the street from Panera Bread is a likely breakfast spot.

The Saturday ride and the Route home are surprises—-(which means I haven’t done them yet).

• #6432 Reply
                                                                      Bill Reitz
                                                                      Participant
                                                                        @bill-r

Nice route John, some new roads just to keep us on our toes huh ??

I might add at Panera Bread instead of parking near the front of the store, always crowded, go to the upper parking lot and form a group. It should be easier to exit also if we aren’t spread out.

• #6443 Reply
                                                                        Brandon Wilson
                                                                        Keymaster
                                                                          @brandon-w

looks like fun John!

• #6446 Reply
                                                                          Bill Reitz
                                                                          Participant
                                                                            @bill-r

Just checked the weather for Kernville next weekend, Friday Hi 86 / Lo 59, Sat Hi 86 / Lo 57 Clear all this week. Woo Hoo !!

• #6448 Reply
                                                                            Ron Zablocki
                                                                            Moderator
                                                                              @ron-z

Lorna and I are in, and have our room booked.
                                                                              Anyone planning on eating at the Hill St Café for brekkie that morning?

Karl – You want company riding to Panera Fri AM?

• #6449 Reply
                                                                              Bill Reitz
                                                                              Participant
                                                                                @bill-r

OK South Coasters here is the route heading home from Kernville. John & I will explain on Friday. I included two lunch stops depending on the time we go through Tehachapi after stopping at the world famous Tehachapi Loop.
                                                                                This is gonna be a FUN weekend !!

• #6451 Reply
                                                                                Karl Wagner
                                                                                Participant
                                                                                  @sharons-hubby

Hi Ron,
                                                                                  Sharon and I will be delayed getting on the Road Friday morning, see you all in Kernville, and hopefully not on the Brekienridge Rd with you all coming back down!! 🙂

• #6452 Reply
                                                                                  Ron Zablocki
                                                                                  Moderator
                                                                                    @ron-z

Has the Saturday route been planned out yet?

• #6453 Reply
                                                                                    Bill Reitz
                                                                                    Participant
                                                                                      @bill-r

Ron the Saturday Ride is being worked on. It should be published around 7am Saturday morn.

• #6454 Reply
                                                                                      Ron Zablocki
                                                                                      Moderator
                                                                                        @ron-z

Bill – so basically we’re playing Saturday by ear. 😉

• #6455 Reply
                                                                                        Bill Reitz
                                                                                        Participant
                                                                                          @bill-r

Nooooo, our President is slaving over a hot keyboard looking for the BEST roads to lead us on. Either that or he’s taking a nop and will have Saturday uploaded any time now !!

• #6456 Reply
                                                                                          John Crittenden
                                                                                          Participant
                                                                                            @john-c

As I am not retired and living the good life, Bill R. sent me a past route, which is exactly what I was planning on doing. So thanks to Bill, we don’t have to sit around guzzling beer Saturday, waiting for dinner. Although, if you want to…..

Also, if anyone else would like to join us, I’m sure the Kernville Inn can squeeze you in!

• #6459 Reply
                                                                                            John Crittenden
                                                                                            Participant
                                                                                              @john-c

The Adults: John C. (Beth will not be able to come)
                                                                                              Rick and Lisa
                                                                                              Roberto
                                                                                              Mark B.
                                                                                              Steve and Jan
                                                                                              Bill and Karen
                                                                                              Rob and Kellie
                                                                                              Ron and Lorna
                                                                                              David O.
                                                                                              Karl and Sharon
                                                                                              Troy and Michele
                                                                                              Dale
                                                                                              Mike P.

The Kids: Steve H
                                                                                              Chuck W.
                                                                                              Brandon

That’s 20 adults and 3 kids (alright, campers)—19 bikes. I will be making reservations at That’s Italian for Saturday evening. (Friday night is open). Let me know if I have this right.

• #6460 Reply
                                                                                              Bill Reitz
                                                                                              Participant
                                                                                                @bill-r

Hey John, since we have so many bikes do you think there should be three groups ?? It might make it easier going down the freeway. Six, six, & seven or ?? Just a thought for safety. People that are gonna be leading rides in the next few months would be candidates so they can practice.

• #6461 Reply
                                                                                                John Crittenden
                                                                                                Participant
                                                                                                  @john-c

Agreed. Any volunteers for the 2nd two groups, starting from Panera?

• #6462 Reply
                                                                                                  Karl Wagner
                                                                                                  Participant
                                                                                                    @sharons-hubby

Wow, such advance planning……estimating ride groups three day before we ride… and I thought I was anxious to get out and ride this weekend! 🙂

Just for planning, the following 5 riders/bikes as I understand it will not be able to make the Friday group ride:

Troy Stone
                                                                                                    Michelle Stone – They are off somewhere having more fun than people deserve riding all parts of the Sierra before meeting the group in Kernville

Mark Borgeson – Said something about meeting us in Kernville, had to go to some riding gear sale in Portland Oregon, riding something like 1k miles each way. Not sure if the sale is going to be that good, or this is the best excuse I have ever heard for riding great California and Oregon roads!!!!

Sharon Wagner
                                                                                                    Karl Wagner – Will be late to start Friday because of that four letter word…… WORK …. (boy I wish I had a better excuse!!)

See you all in Kernville!~

• #6463 Reply
                                                                                                    Dale Sprosty
                                                                                                    Participant
                                                                                                      @cupcake

John,

As usual, well planned. I will be coming in later on Friday from work so I will see the group at the hotel around 5:00pm or so.

• #6464 Reply
                                                                                                      Troy Stone
                                                                                                      Participant
                                                                                                        @stonetroy

Karl is correct. The Stones will be arriving from the north Friday. See you there!

• #6467 Reply
                                                                                                        Ron Zablocki
                                                                                                        Moderator
                                                                                                          @ron-z

So it looks like the new bike count traveling to Kernville is around 14 now. Instead of 3 groups it seems like 2 grips are in order now. So John will lead one group and Bill will lead the other?

• #6468 Reply
                                                                                                          David Omlor
                                                                                                          Participant
                                                                                                            @david

Smaller groups are better. Especially when we hit the twisty roads…so groups of 5 – 5 – 4 may be safer than 7 – 7…IMHO
                                                                                                            Before you ask, I can not lead a group because no group ever wants to follow at my cautious pace.
                                                                                                            Cheers!

• #6469 Reply
                                                                                                            Bill Reitz
                                                                                                            Participant
                                                                                                              @bill-r

Wait a minute Ron….. aren’t you tired of plodding along at my sedate pace ? Don’t you want to lead the FAST group over Brekenridge Road, and FLY across Caliente-Bodfish Road ???
                                                                                                              Think about the glory of being the first bikes to the Kernville Inn!!!!

• #6470 Reply
                                                                                                              John Crittenden
                                                                                                              Participant
                                                                                                                @john-c

Let’s sort it out when at Panera.

• #6471 Reply
                                                                                                                Bill Reitz
                                                                                                                Participant
                                                                                                                  @bill-r

I just mentioned group leaders so it wasn’t a surprise as we are about to leave that’s all.

• #6472 Reply
                                                                                                                  Ron Zablocki
                                                                                                                  Moderator
                                                                                                                    @ron-z

Bill – I could lead as I have the route in my GPS. But having a pillion that prefers a more sedate pace precludes me from leading the fast group, unless I want to keep getting smacked upside the head. If I was solo there’d be no problem.

• #6473 Reply
                                                                                                                    Bill Reitz
                                                                                                                    Participant
                                                                                                                      @bill-r

That’s OK Ron. I was just joking anyway. Someone will step up to be the second leader….. Who ME ??

• #6474 Reply
                                                                                                                      Steve Leo
                                                                                                                      Participant
                                                                                                                        @steve

Bill, Since you just volunteered to lead the second group, I will be more than happy to ride Sweep for your slow poke group if you need someone.

• #6475 Reply
                                                                                                                        Bill Reitz
                                                                                                                        Participant
                                                                                                                          @bill-r

Wait…. WHAT ??? Me lead a group, oh no, I’m MUCH too slow. Well thanks Steve, if I get shanghaied into that job then you’re the man.

• #6480 Reply
                                                                                                                          Bill Reitz
                                                                                                                          Participant
                                                                                                                            @bill-r

Hey John thanks for a GREAT weekend of fun roads and good friends with lots of time to talk to them while we waited for our food. 😎

• #6483 Reply
                                                                                                                            Karl Wagner
                                                                                                                            Participant
                                                                                                                              @sharons-hubby

Good weekend, some crazy roads, and crazy fun people….. not necessarily related….. Thanks John C and all!

• #6484 Reply
                                                                                                                              Brandon Wilson
                                                                                                                              Keymaster
                                                                                                                                @brandon-w

Karl / Bill – could not agree more. A great weekend filled with all sorts of fun! Now time to shop for foot pegs 🙂 Thank you, John, for organizing a great route and weekend!

• #6486 Reply
                                                                                                                                Dale Sprosty
                                                                                                                                Participant
                                                                                                                                  @cupcake

Thanks John. Well planned and great mix of “crazies” for the weekend. I have pasted below some video I shot duirng the Saturday ride. I still have a couple of segments to upload and will post here when complete.

Copy and paste the link to your browser address line.

• #6487 Reply
                                                                                                                                  Michael Pirosh
                                                                                                                                  Participant
                                                                                                                                    @mpirosh

ABSOLUTELY great and fun weekend. Thanks to John and Bill for leading.

• #6489 Reply
                                                                                                                                    John Crittenden
                                                                                                                                    Participant
                                                                                                                                      @john-c

I’m glad everyone had a Good Time! I certainly did, when not sweating at my computer.

And, Beth was very happy the gang sang Happy Birthday at dinner—-helps make up for me not being with her!

Good ride to Mammoth Lakes Sunday, but colder than (insert here). Had frost on my seats Monday morning.

If anyone would like to forward any pictures for my writeup (I have some but not many), please email them to me.

Thanks.

Viewing 62 reply threads
                                                                                                                                  Reply To: Kernville Weekend

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
                                                                                                                                  Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.

Your information: