Kernville Weekend Oct 16-18

Forums Calendar Events Kernville Weekend Oct 16-18

• Creator
    Topic
  • #13048 Reply
    John Crittenden
    Participant
      @john-c

A reminder—-we have rooms set aside, so reservations can be made any time.

Details for this event are on the Calendar   

Kernville

Viewing 52 reply threads
    • Author
      Replies
      • #13066 Reply
        Vern Shrader
        Participant
          @lt-wanderer

John – Vern & Robin Shrader just booked the Kernville In for October 16-18. Looking forward to seeing everyone up in the Pine Tree country 🙂

• #13068 Reply
          Larry Troffer
          Participant
            @larry-troffer

I’m in.

• #13075 Reply
            Eric Wolf
            Keymaster
              @wolf

Are any of the normal crew (Dave, Karl, Harry, Erasmo and Diane) camping? If so, I’m in. It looks like there are four campgrounds (all private) within walking distance of Kernville.

• #13076 Reply
              Eric Wolf
              Keymaster
                @wolf

It looks like Frandy campground, across the river from the Kernville Inn, has tent sites available. $43 per night per site.

• #13077 Reply
                Karl Wagner
                Participant
                  @sharons-hubby

Sorry Eric,
                  We are out of pocket this weekend, looking to graduate to grandparents that week…. 🙂
                  Karl and Sharon

• #13078 Reply
                  Eric Wolf
                  Keymaster
                    @wolf

Yes! Better than camping. I called and confirmed that as of now they have plenty of open tent sites that weekend.

• #13079 Reply
                    John Crittenden
                    Participant
                      @john-c

There are, at this time, 6-7 rooms still set aside for us. Let’s fill the place up!

On another note, same topic, is there anyone who will be driving? Beth would like to carpool up to Kernville if possible! Please let us know.

• #13086 Reply
                      Erasmo Brenes
                      Participant
                        @erasmo-b

Diane will be out of state for that ride, so she won’t be driving to Kernville. I haven’t yet decided if I’ll be in town as well, but should know soon.

• #13093 Reply
                        David Eastly
                        Participant
                          @dave

Eric, I’m leaning toward booking a room, as Nicole might join me on this trip. Maybe a possible carpool with Beth C?

• #13094 Reply
                          Gilbert Galvez
                          Participant
                            @gilbertgalvez

Just made a reservation at Kernville Inn.

• #13095 Reply
                            Danny Wassenaar
                            Participant
                              @danny-w

Elaine and I are now booked at the Inn as well.

• #13108 Reply
                              Steve Leo
                              Participant
                                @steve

A helpful bit of information for those camping at Frandy Campground…the showers are PAY showers so make sure you take a lot of change.

• #13109 Reply
                                David Eastly
                                Participant
                                  @dave

My room is booked. Looking forward to the ride!

• #13163 Reply
                                  Ron Zablocki
                                    @ron-z

Just booked a room at the Kernville Inn. Hoping we can get 10 rooms filled so we can get the group rate!

• #13166 Reply
                                    Ed Taylor
                                      @etaylorrisksolutions-inc-com

Ron I am booked at Kernville Inn. Not sure I identified as a South Coaster when I called. Ed

• #13167 Reply
                                        Ron Zablocki
                                          @ron-z

Ed – Maybe call back and let them know?

• #13168 Reply
                                        Ed Taylor

done. Matt at Kernville Inn has my reservation associated with our tribe!

• #13169 Reply
                                          Ron Zablocki
                                            @ron-z

Just a note to those staying at the Kernville Inn – make sure you tell them that you’re with the South Coast BMW Riders Club – this way we’ll get the $99/night rate if we fill at least 10 rooms.

• #13171 Reply
                                            Warren Belkin
                                            Keymaster
                                              @wbelkin

Hi Ron – I reserved back on Aug 13 – they did note the club affiliation on my reservation, but said they’d adjust the rate when we check in (the rate quoted on the email is higher). Is that how they’re managing it? The note on my reservation reads: Part of South Coast BMW Riders Club trip
                                              Thx.

• #13172 Reply
                                                Ron Zablocki
                                                  @ron-z

Hi Warren – You’re good. They’ll adjust the rates after we’re all checked in. If there’s at least 10 rooms taken by us, then we’ll have the $99/night rate.

• #13178 Reply
                                                Eric Wolf
                                                Keymaster
                                                  @wolf

Hi South Coasters!
                                                  I’m making another post to see if there is any interest in camping. Frandy campground, across the river from the Kernville Inn, has tent sites available. $43 per night per site. If you are interested, post here, call, or text, and I’ll reserve something.

• #13180 Reply
                                                  Roberto Giraldes
                                                  Participant
                                                    @beto

Eric,

We can share one site.

Thank you!

• #13181 Reply
                                                    Willis Ho
                                                    Participant
                                                      @willis_ho

Hi Eric,

I like to share the site too, just bought a 7×7 tent from Amazon.

Thanks, Willis

• #13201 Reply
                                                      Erasmo Brenes
                                                      Participant
                                                        @erasmo-b

John,
                                                        I’ve booked a room at the Kernville Inn. Mentioned that I’m with SCBRC.
                                                        Looking forward to the trip!

• #13203 Reply
                                                        John Crittenden
                                                        Participant
                                                          @john-c

Sounds good, Erasmo! And, Beth is working to drive up with others to keep us in line! Sure do wish Mark and Cindy could be there.

• #13205 Reply
                                                          Mark Borgeson
                                                          Participant
                                                            @borgie

Thanks John!!! Hopefully next year 🙂

• #13207 Reply
                                                            Michele Stone
                                                            Participant
                                                              @stonemichele

The Stone’s are at Frandy’s Campsite #10 right on the river, we are heading up early and will be there Thursday.

• #13217 Reply
                                                              Brandon Wilson
                                                              Keymaster
                                                                @brandon-w

Hey Michele – I will make sure your mileage hat makes it with someone from last year 🙂

Hope you both are doing well.

• #13219 Reply
                                                                Larry Troffer
                                                                Participant
                                                                  @larry-troffer

I’m sorry to say I learned yesterday that I have to bail out of the Kernville ride. I hope it’s a good one for all who can attend.

• #13221 Reply
                                                                  Vern Shrader
                                                                  Participant
                                                                    @lt-wanderer

Has anyone looked into the “Eating” situation in Kernville with respect to Covid? I see Ewing’s is doing take out or delivery only. The broken yolk seems to have non-breakfast hours on Sat & Sun (11am to 7pm) on their website? Just wondering if its going to be a Pizza 3 times a day situation? Just curious?

• #13222 Reply
                                                                    John Crittenden
                                                                    Participant
                                                                      @john-c

I’ll do a little research. Cheryl’s, next to the Inn, will be open. And, I’m looking at That’s Italian Saturday night (we can order to go and eat on the lawn).

• #13223 Reply
                                                                      Ed Taylor

Kernville food, The Sierra Gateway Market (AKA James Market, with the gas pumps on the North side of the parking lot) Has an incredible deli menu. They are used to large groups of bikers pre ordering sandwiches and having them ready at a designated time. 760-3762424 Ed

• #13224 Reply
                                                                        Erasmo Brenes
                                                                        Participant
                                                                          @erasmo-b

John,

Will there be a ride to Kernville on Friday morning? Or is it get there on your own?

• #13226 Reply
                                                                          Steve Leo
                                                                          Participant
                                                                            @steve

Karl Wagner and I were in Kernville in August and Ewings on the Kern is open for patio seating and take-out for dinner.

• #13228 Reply
                                                                            John Crittenden
                                                                            Participant
                                                                              @john-c

I’ll have a route there, for any who care to ride up in a group, hopefully by this evening.

• #13230 Reply
                                                                              Steve Leo
                                                                              Participant
                                                                                @steve

John,

I just checked CalTrans and Angeles Crest is open to Angeles Forest. No closures on N3 (Angeles Forest).

S2 IS CLOSED FROM 0.5 MI EAST OF ANGELES FOREST HIGHWAY TO 5.2 MI WEST OF BIG PINES /AT VINCENT GULCH RD/ (LOS ANGELES CO) – DUE TO A WILDFIRE – MOTORISTS ARE ADVISED TO USE AN ALTERNATE ROUTE

I hope this helps you in your route planning.

• #13231 Reply
                                                                                howard Bland
                                                                                Participant
                                                                                  @howard-bland

I am riding to Death Valley Tues. and on to Bishop Wed. I will met you Friday at Kernville Inn. Howard Bland

• #13232 Reply
                                                                                  John Crittenden
                                                                                  Participant
                                                                                    @john-c

For those who wish to ride to Kernville in a group, here is the route and map. Meet at 9 a.m. 10/16, Panera Bread, wheels up (so to speak) at 9:30. Gas stop in Mojave if needed, and lunch in Keene. Another stop on Caliente Creek Road at Twin Oaks General Store (TOGS). Should be about a 5 hour ride, including stops.

I’ll add a Saturday ride, but you may opt to do a different route, etc.

And, there will be a couple of options for the ride home Sunday.

• #13235 Reply
                                                                                    Ed Taylor
                                                                                    Moderator

John, Which Panera are you refereeing to? Ed

• #13236 Reply
                                                                                      Richard Catarineau
                                                                                      Keymaster
                                                                                        @rick-webmaster

Meet at the Panera off 210 at the bottom of Angeles Crest Highway. I’m in Texas and even I know that!!! Now who’s riding out to Texas for some camping? Nov 6 is the Houston BMW Rally, and I have camping at my place in Smithville.

https://www.bmwclubofhouston.com/content.aspx?page_id=4002&club_id=968552&item_id=1293658

• #13238 Reply
                                                                                        Karl Wagner
                                                                                        Participant
                                                                                          @sharons-hubby

“I’m in Texas and even I know that”………… are people in Texas challenged in that way???? 🙂

• #13239 Reply
                                                                                          Jessie Vaca
                                                                                          Participant
                                                                                            @jtb-vaca

I just checked with Kernville Inn, we have enough rooms booked for the discounted rate, as long as we all check in on Friday! He did mention they have 2 more room available. If anyone wants to split a room with me I have room available!

• #13240 Reply
                                                                                            Karl Wagner
                                                                                            Participant
                                                                                              @sharons-hubby

Well, out grandson Callan Robert Wagner got off the starting line before the schedule KSU and arrived Friday! Momma and baby are well, and it is really sinking in on dad!

So, we get to go to Kernville! Looking to join one of the camping spots and do some dirt roads on the way up and Saturday, maybee a shorter on on the way home too!

The Friday ride up will go from Redrock State Park on the 14 up into the mountains for some great views and we meet Calente Bodfish road just outside Lake Isabella. We travelled this road with a Jeep group several months ago and it was all dirt roads. Not for a firt time off road rider, but no problem if you are an intermediate ridier.

Please text me if you are interested in the off road route, 626 483-4009, we will meet the group at Panera for a 9am departure, but the off road group will need to bring a lunch. We will eat a nice break spot in a meadow.

• #13247 Reply
                                                                                              Bill Allen
                                                                                              Blocked
                                                                                                @lucky

Rick Catarineau – Smithville? Isn’t that right outside La Grange? I understand they have a lot of nice women there!

🙂

• #13251 Reply
                                                                                                Eric Wolf
                                                                                                Keymaster
                                                                                                  @wolf

Gentlemen,
                                                                                                  Let’s keep comments on our website professional and appropriate for all. Thanks

• #13258 Reply
                                                                                                  Bill Allen
                                                                                                  Blocked
                                                                                                    @lucky

Eric-
                                                                                                    What wan’t appropriate?

• #13259 Reply
                                                                                                    Ron Zablocki
                                                                                                    Moderator
                                                                                                      @ron-z

Any planned route for Sat, John?

• #13260 Reply
                                                                                                      Gilbert Galvez
                                                                                                      Participant
                                                                                                        @gilbertgalvez

I will not be able to join the group. My bike is in the shop and will not be available. You all have a safe trip and fun ride! I already cancelled my reservation at Kernville Inn.

• #13261 Reply
                                                                                                        Warren Belkin
                                                                                                        Keymaster
                                                                                                          @wbelkin

Best laid plans… I have had to cancel my room as well. Our little dog (adopted a rescue 5 months ago) just had 12 teeth pulled. She’s in a lot of discomfort and I promised I would be here to help – and not just dump it on Elycia. I am disappointed because Kernville is one of my favorite places. I will see if I can make Morro Bay now. Sorry.

• #13263 Reply
                                                                                                          John Crittenden
                                                                                                          Participant
                                                                                                            @john-c

Well, we have a new member joining us—–Brent. Sorry you (Glibert and Warren) can’t make it.

And, I’ll have a couple routes for Saturday if anyone wants them, later this evening.

• #13264 Reply
                                                                                                            Bill Allen
                                                                                                            Blocked
                                                                                                              @lucky

Warren – Sorry to hear about your dog. Doesn’t sound like a fun time (for her). Stock up on ice cream (for all three of you).

• #13269 Reply
                                                                                                              John Crittenden
                                                                                                              Participant
                                                                                                                @john-c

Saturday Day Ride—–This is what I have conjured. Of course, it is optional, but some new roads. Not a long ride, but a lunch stop that might be pretty good!
                                                                                                                Another option is Kennedy Meadows, etc.

• #13275 Reply
                                                                                                                Willis Ho
                                                                                                                Participant
                                                                                                                  @willis_ho

Hi John,
                                                                                                                  Google map shown mountain hwy 99 closed at johnsondale bridge until Nov 1.
                                                                                                                  Thx, Willis

• #13279 Reply
                                                                                                                  Steve Leo
                                                                                                                  Participant
                                                                                                                    @steve

Checked with Sequoia Forest Service M50 & M56 from Johnsondale to California Hot Springs and Fountain Springs are open, 190 to Springdale is closed.

• #13280 Reply
                                                                                                                    Ron Zablocki
                                                                                                                    Moderator
                                                                                                                      @ron-z

It looks like Grapevine Road that’s on the route for Sat is mostly a dirt road?

Viewing 52 reply threads
                                                                                                                  Reply To: Kernville Weekend Oct 16-18

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
                                                                                                                  Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.

Your information: