General Meeting, July 11, 10:30 a.m. The Oaks

Forums Calendar Events General Meeting, July 11, 10:30 a.m. The Oaks

• Creator
    Topic
  • #12679 Reply
    John Crittenden
    Participant
      @john-c

Join us for the 1st General Meeting of the 2020-2021 Riding Year!     Special gifts for new members, 50/50, breakfast, meeting/greeting, and news for the coming year!   Followed by a ride to Big Bear and environs!

As we get closer, I will confirm with the Oaks for inside seating. And, for those who wish, we’ll have a ride to The Oaks, 9 a.m.

Calendar Link   July General Meeting—–The Oaks Restaurant, Angelus Oaks, Hwy 38

Viewing 25 reply threads
    • Author
      Replies
      • #12694 Reply
        Karl Wagner
        Participant
          @sharons-hubby

Anyone interested in a trail ride for the adventure bikes post here. We will pick trails to accomodate the skill level of anyone who wants to go off road.

• #12715 Reply
          Joe Alwan
          Participant
            @jalwan

Maybe I’m overly concerned about COVID-19, but not sure I’m ready for indoor dining. Might come after the breakfast and just meet up for the ride around Big Bear.

• #12717 Reply
            Chris Roady
            Participant
              @chris

You aren’t alone Joe. Numbers are going up in many states and me and mine are continuing to Social Distance.

• #12718 Reply
              Karl Wagner
              Participant
                @sharons-hubby

Can we bring our camp chairs, order out from the restaurant and meet in teh parking lot, physical distancing? We would be up for that.

• #12720 Reply
                David James
                Participant
                  @david-james

I just joined as a new member and will be looking forward to being there. Any feed back will be appreciated.

• #12724 Reply
                  John Crittenden
                  Participant
                    @john-c

Again, as we get closer to the date, we will see how it’s going, but the parking lot idea will work, I believe.

Look forward to meeting our Newbies—-there are a good number this month!

• #12740 Reply
                    Ron Zablocki
                      @ron-z

I’ve done indoor dining recently, and social distancing guidelines were in place. I’m good with eating indoors if this is the case here as well. And I have no camping chairs, and couldn’t bring them if I did.

• #12747 Reply
                      Bill Schimko
                      Participant
                        @bill-schimko

on the fence, sorry, i’ll make a final call the day before

• #12802 Reply
                        John Crittenden
                        Participant
                          @john-c

I checked with The Oaks today—–we should be good to go for Saturday, at the very least, can get food and have our chairs, etc. outside. I will call them again Wednesday.

• #12803 Reply
                          Brandon Wilson
                          Keymaster
                            @brandon-w

I won’t be there. Still in Oregon.

• #12804 Reply
                            Bill Allen
                            Blocked
                              @lucky

I won’t be there. I’m still not ready to ride.

Have fun!

• #12805 Reply
                              Ron Zablocki
                                @ron-z

Hi John – Are you planning a group ride to The Oaks Restaurant?

• #12810 Reply
                                John Crittenden
                                Participant
                                  @john-c

Brandon, Bill A, Bill R========will miss you all.

Ron, I can lead a ride to The Oaks, thence to Big Bear. Say we meet at the Chevron at Green River in Corona/91 at 9 a.m.? If you want, you can bring anyone in your area.

And, before you ask: No, I’m not doing a GPS route—–riding by the seat of my pants!

• #12811 Reply
                                    Ron Zablocki
                                      @ron-z

Hey John – I’m not familiar with that area, any chance you have an address for that Chevron?

And wait, what?? Bring anyone – even someone not on a BMW??? 🧐

• #12824 Reply
                                      Bill Schimko
                                      Participant
                                        @bill-schimko

Hi John, I’d like to join in the group ride, meeting at chevron gas, green river, 9:00 Saturday, is that etched in stone ?? if so, i’ll be there, but could/would you please say for sure !! that’s the time and place ?? thanks, bill

• #12812 Reply
                                      Bill Allen
                                      Blocked
                                        @lucky

Ron Z – Green River is the exit off the 91 between the tollroad and the 71. Easy to find. Good meetup place.

• #12813 Reply
                                        Bill Allen
                                        Blocked
                                          @lucky
                                        • #12823 Reply
                                          Gilbert Galvez
                                          Participant
                                            @gilbertgalvez

See you guys at Chevron.

• #12831 Reply
                                            David Eastly
                                            Participant
                                              @dave

Looking forward to it! I’ll be dining in the parking lot and bringing my camp chair.

• #12832 Reply
                                              Joe Alwan
                                              Participant
                                                @jalwan

Hey David, that’s my plan too.

FYI… The Oaks is only outdoor dining and takeout now. They closed indoor dining a few days ago after the governor’s latest order.

• #12836 Reply
                                                Erasmo Brenes
                                                Participant
                                                  @erasmo-b

Is “everybody” meeting at the Chevron at 9am and then driving up to Angelus Oaks?

• #12838 Reply
                                                    Joe Alwan
                                                    Participant
                                                      @jalwan

Hey Erasmo – I’m planning to be at the Chevron at 9am. I have no idea how many people will be there. If it’s a big group, we could split into smaller groups for the ride up

• #12837 Reply
                                                    Ron Zablocki
                                                      @ron-z

The Chevron is optional, you can elect to go directly to the restaurant if you like.

• #12844 Reply
                                                      Karl Wagner
                                                      Participant
                                                        @sharons-hubby

Nice to see the group that made the first back in person monthly meeting in several months and to John C for a sweet ride up and back hwy 38, love that pavement.
                                                        The votes are in and Erasmos, “Viva la Revelotion” covid beard won on style points… 🙂

• #12850 Reply
                                                          Brandon Wilson
                                                          Keymaster
                                                            @brandon-w

That is one hell of a beard Erasmo! Between that and the Cigars, you are almost a new poster child for a COVID hobby Emmy 🙂

• #12857 Reply
                                                              Erasmo Brenes
                                                              Participant
                                                                @erasmo-b

They were calling the Generalisimo Franco 🙂
                                                                Just need to find me a country that is looking for a Dictator!! Haha!

• #12849 Reply
                                                            Joe Alwan
                                                            Participant
                                                              @jalwan

Thanks John C for today’s meeting and ride! Was great to see everyone again. Saw 110.3 degrees on my bike in Riverside on the way home! I think that’s a new personal record! Not sure which I liked better at the A&W stop – the root beer float or re-charging the cooling vest!

• #12858 Reply
                                                              Erasmo Brenes
                                                              Participant
                                                                @erasmo-b

Yes, thanks John C for the meeting and ride. Had a great time. Joe, my bike’s thermometer indicated 111F at the junction of the I-10 and 215. Ouch!
                                                                I videoed our ride back through the R-38. John C, Leon, and Joe in front, plus a short clip of the stop in Big Bear.
                                                                How do I upload them to the website? Or should I load them to Youtube and place a link here?

• #12859 Reply
                                                                Erasmo Brenes
                                                                Participant
                                                                  @erasmo-b

Here is a photo extracted from the video.

Attachments:
                                                                • #12862 Reply
                                                                  Gilbert Galvez
                                                                  Participant
                                                                    @gilbertgalvez

Thank you John for leading a nice ride. It is nice to see members going out to attend the meeting even with the COVID issue and a pretty hot day to ride. But still, I have a lot of fun! Looking forward for the next meeting and fun ride.

• #12868 Reply
                                                                    John Crittenden
                                                                    Participant
                                                                      @john-c

Yes, was a lot of fun! In spite of the toastiness. Thanks to all that made it to The Oaks!

Viewing 25 reply threads
                                                                  Reply To: General Meeting, July 11, 10:30 a.m. The Oaks

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
                                                                  Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.

Your information: