Forums Rides Ensenada Beer Fest 2019 Mar 22-24, 2019

• Creator
    Topic
  • #9192 Reply
    Jim Foreman
    Participant
      @jimmy

Do you love motorcycling? (Yeah, duh!)

Do you love adventure? (Same as above, Duh!)

Do you love Beer?

If so, I have the perfect trifecta for your springtime desires.

Please join me as I take a group of awesome riders down to Ensenada for the incredible Ensenada Beer Fest.
      It’s like nothing you’ve ever seen in the USA.
      Gone are the attitudes, egos, and idiots that keep you away from most domestic beer events. Instead, In Ensenada, you have an incredible venue, super friendly people, some of the most amazing beer you’ve ever enjoyed, Music to keep you moving, and a wonderful and festive atmosphere.

Last year, it was an honor to take several South Coasters down for an incredible time. I can’t wait to do it again!

Please take a look and find out more at Ensenada Beer Fest 2019

Please contact me with any questions.
      Beer Fest Ensenada 2019
      Dale Getting Warmed Up

Viewing 12 reply threads
    • Author
      Replies
      • #9202 Reply
        Bikram
        Participant
          @bikram

+1 Currently showing interest

• #9259 Reply
          Jessie Vaca
          Participant
            @jtb-vaca

My brother and I are in!

• #9260 Reply
            Jessie Vaca
            Participant
              @jtb-vaca

My brother and I are in!

• #9830 Reply
              Jim Foreman
              Participant
                @jimmy

This is still happening! I’d love to see previous attendees and new riders who want to have an incredible weekend as part of this spectacular weekend.

• #9835 Reply
                Bill Allen
                Blocked
                  @lucky

Jim – You are using SCBMWRC resources (website and FB page) to promote a conflicting event.

Not cool!

• #9837 Reply
                  Jim Foreman
                  Participant
                    @jimmy

Hi Bill,
                    There are way more members than can all participate in one event.
                    Imagine if they all did.
                    Not every event is to every member’s taste, either.
                    I’m in no way saying, “don’t go to the main scheduled event.”
                    There’s also The GS Giants March Moto Madness happening that same weekend. I don’t plan the dates. I simply make the opportunities available for those who are interested.
                    Already, there are four South Coasters who chose to join me. Many of those before the Borrego Springs event was even posted. I would never think to complain that someone scheduled a club ride AFTER I had posted my event to the club website.
                    I can only accomodate 10 riders.
                    There is no conflict or malfeasence. Only a choice, an offer.
                    I hope you can see it from that perspective.
                    Jim

• #9838 Reply
                    Bill Allen
                    Blocked
                      @lucky

I think the BoD should review the club’s policies on this issue. IMO, members should not promote conficting events using SCBMWRC resources. You have a FB page and friends. You should leave the promotion there if there is a conflicting SCBMWRC event. FWIW, the Borrego Springs event has been scheduled since the new BoD took office in July. Yes, the GS Giants event is also an issue. I have recommended to the BoD that they coordinate with you for the 2020 event so there is not a conflict, but you were not able to give me dates for the 2020 event. So, I have to disagree with you that there is a conflict and the malfeasence is using SCBMWRC resources (the website and FB page) to promote a non-SCBMWRC event.

• #9839 Reply
                      Bill Allen
                      Blocked
                        @lucky

…and with regards of which event posts first, it shouldn’t matter. The SouthCoaster event should take priority on SCBMWRC resources (website and FB page). Of course, if there is another event that the membership might be interested in, those who are putting the calendar together should take that into consideration. Your Beerfest post did not appear until November, long after Borrego Springs was planned and paid for. This should all be common sense and common courtesy, but I guess not.

• #9841 Reply
                        Jim Foreman
                        Participant
                          @jimmy

Hi Bill,

As you have asked, I have asked the Club BOD to look into this and render a decision.
                          It pains me to read that you feel I am being disrespectful or discourteous to you or an event you are in charge of.
                          I am not. I’m hopeful this matter will be resolved quickly and without any animosity.
                          I highly value you and your role as a valuable member of the club.
                          It’s my deepest desire to have this resolved amicably and amiably and that we can continue as comrades and friends.

Best,

Jim

• #9842 Reply
                          Bill Allen
                          Blocked
                            @lucky

Jim – it is not a personal thing for me. I like you and the events you put on. I hope to participate in some myself, particularly Beerfest next year. It’s just that I don’t believe it’s right to use the club’s resources (website and FB page) to promote events which conflict with club events regardless which event posts first. I would hope you would attend BoD meetings to discuss future events to help us avoid conflicts.

• #9851 Reply
                            Karl Wagner
                            Participant
                              @sharons-hubby

I have deleted the forum entry for the GS event that was in conflict with the Anza Borrego ride.

• #9853 Reply
                              Bikram
                              Participant
                                @bikram

I don’t go to FB. I don’t have an FB account. My source of available events is this website. I don’t have a GS, so GS Giant option is out for me. I am not particularly interest in camping at BS, done that. I would monitor weather conditions and given the choice, I’d rather be in Ensenada!

I don’t see much of an issue here. We cross-post events from other affiliated clubs, such as SCMA. Share the love!

• #9854 Reply
                                Bill Allen
                                Blocked
                                  @lucky

Bikram – I don’t have an issue with cross posting unless it conflicts with a SCBMWRC event. I thought I made that distinction pretty clear.

Thank you, Karl.

Viewing 12 reply threads
                              Reply To: Ensenada Beer Fest 2019 Mar 22-24, 2019

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
                              Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.

Your information: