Death Valley Jan 19-21, 2018

Forums Calendar Events Death Valley Jan 19-21, 2018

• Creator
    Topic
  • #6640 Reply
    Chris Roady
    Participant
      @chris

I hope many of you will want to ride to DV January 19-21, 2018. The ride on the 19th will include a few ghost towns (potentially Randsburg and Darwin) and end at Panamint Springs Resort. Please take a look at their web site to see the available accommodations. They have motel rooms, full RV hook ups, dry camping and even 2 & 4 person tent cabins (my personal preference). They also have a restaurant, small store and fuel.

Home

We will set out from Panamint Springs the morning of the 20th after breakfast for a fun/full day in Death Valley. There are a number of interesting sights and I welcome input on points of interest from any and all as we finalize routes. The night of the 20th, we will be holed up at the Tecopa Hot Springs Resort. It is a fun, funky Rte 66 type motel with a nice congregation area for a campfire and bench racing after the days ride. It has hot spring baths as well, but you’ll have to ask Dave Eastly about them as I have never ventured in :-0. There is a small restaurant a few miles away that can accommodate us for dinner and breakfast as well.
      http://www.tecopahotsprings.org/TecopaHotSprings/Home.html

The 21st will be a return ride home after breakfast with a jaunt through Joshua Tree National Park, to ease some of the required monotony of freeway after we hit the Palmn Springs area .. there are alternate routes avoiding the Park for those that might need to head home a little more directly.

I have sent inquiries to both resorts requesting a block or rooms and camping sites as well as possible group rates. I will update this thread with that information as soon as it is available. It has been impressed upon me that blocking the time for the trip requires more finesse by some folks than it does for us retired types who can go at the drop of a hat, so I thought I would start this thread before I have all the pieces of the trip sewn up. Hope it sounds good to y’all 🙂

Viewing 82 reply threads
    • Author
      Replies
      • #6642 Reply
        Troy Stone
        Participant
          @stonetroy

Looks like a blast. You can count Michele and Troy Stone in as attending.

• #6646 Reply
          David Omlor
          Participant
            @david

Great Plan! I am anxious to ride again.

Reservations made at both locations!!!

• #6654 Reply
            Karl Wagner
            Participant
              @sharons-hubby

Great plan, alot of options…..going to be a fun weekend in January!!! We are in!

• #6663 Reply
              Chris Roady
              Participant
                @chris

* Update *
                I heard back from Tecopa Hot Springs:

Hi Chris,
                Nice to hear from you. Look forward to hosting your group again.

January 20 is a Saturday and a busy time. Weather permitting there will be music on stage, Bistro open and fun. Rooms are $95 plus tax for one or two people and $10 plus tax per extra person. There are rooms with 2 queen beds and a few with 1 king bed. We generally fill up so hard to offer discount on weekend night. Still a great deal in our opinion. I can block rooms for you and folks can call to reserve room or they can book on line or by calling 760 852 4420. There is a 72 hour cancellation policy so plenty of time to back out if need be.

Office hours are generally noon – 5pm. If on line booking there is a preference section they can enter your group SCBMWRC. I can move people around later if need be. FYI rooms 13 – 8 are the south side of the motel. 14 – 19 are on the north side.

Based on this, I would suggest booking sooner rather than later (I have already reserved room #11) with the knowledge that you can cancel within 72 hours of the ride if something comes up. Im going to book Panamint Springs now also, even though I have not heard back from my inquiry to them.

• #6668 Reply
                Chuck Waychoff
                Participant
                  @chuck-w

Thanks Chris! I have a room at Tecopa Hot Springs reserved for Sat night Jan 20. Looking forward to it!

• #6672 Reply
                  David Eastly
                  Participant
                    @dave

I’m in. I did the trial run with Chris and the gang last January, and it was a blast! Tecopa Hot Springs is funky but cool, and the fire pit gathering area is perfect. If we’re lucky, we’ll get another drum solo from Karl!

Attachments:
                    • #7161 Reply
                      Dan Burtt
                      Participant
                        @dlburtt

Thanks for the room Chuck. I am all set. Is there any meet up point for south county riders on Friday?

• #6674 Reply
                      Karl Wagner
                      Participant
                        @sharons-hubby

Hah Eastly….. you better play a round with the band playing that night!!!

Just got room #10 next to Roady to keep an eye on him for Julie……. We get the hot spring first Chris!

Going to be a blast!

K

• #6677 Reply
                        Michael Pirosh
                        Participant
                          @mpirosh

My favorite place. Made reservations and am really looking forward to it.

• #6679 Reply
                          Chris Roady
                          Participant
                            @chris

I heard back from Panamint Springs also, but frankly I don’t know how to respond to them since I am hesitant to specify what “type”of rooms any of you might be interested in. I’m going to see if they can just hold us 6 rooms (without specifying the types) and assume others will camp … I think as long as reservations for Friday are made early enough, it shouldn’t be an issue … anyone that waits to long can just Camp at another members site perhaps.

Hello Chris Roady,

Thank you for contacting Panamint Springs Resort! Depending on which room types and campground sites you would prefer, I can block these units out for you under the name of “SCBMWRC” and set up a password for your group so that they may contact our front desk either by phone at 775-482-7680 or by e-mailing me directly at [email protected] to reserve the rooms or sites under their individual names. We have the following units available for January 19, 2018, of which I have included the rates as well:

3 Rooms available with one queen bed rent for $74.00 + tax ($82.88) each, per night
                            6 Rooms available with 2 Beds (1 Queen, 1 Double) rent for $89.00 + tax ($99.68) each, per night
                            2 Rooms available with 3 Beds (1 Queen, 2 Doubles) rent for $104.00 + tax ($116.48) each, per night
                            The cottage suite (with a queen bed in one room, and a full and a twin in bunk-bed style in the other) rents for $144.00 + tax ($161.28), per night
                            6 Cabins with one queen bed and outside porch and grilling area rent for $89.00 + tax ($99.68) each, per night
                            1 Cabin with one King bed and outside porch and grilling area rent for $99.00 + tax ($110.88), per night
                            1 Cabin with two twin beds in bunk style and one double bed and outside porch and grilling area rent for $104.00 + tax ($116.48), per night

For our campground sites, we do not add tax to the reservation total:
                            6 RV Full Hook-up Sites for $35.00 each, per night
                            9 RV Dry Sites for $20.00 each, per night
                            2 Large Tent Cabins for $50.00 each, per night
                            7 Small Tent Cabins for $35.00 each, per night
                            21 Standard Tent Sites for $10.00 each, per night

We can hold the rooms until two weeks prior to the check-in date, which would be January 5, 2018, and then release the remaining rooms back to the public. Please let me know how you would like to proceed with these reservations, as we would love to have you all stay with us!

Best Regards,

Leigh McLendon
                            General Store &
                            Front of House Motel Manager
                            Panamint Springs Resort

• #6694 Reply
                            Brandon Wilson
                            Keymaster
                              @brandon-w

I am for sure in for the ride, but would tent camp if that is an option nearby. It does look like there is a campground but maybe a bit shady :S

• #6697 Reply
                              Chris Roady
                              Participant
                                @chris

Brandon, tent camping is available at both locations.

• #6698 Reply
                                Troy Stone
                                Participant
                                  @stonetroy

Brandon,

The Stones are tent camping at both. I reserved one of the tents at Panamint and am waiting on a call back from Tecopa to book a tent spot there.

Should be good camping!!

• #6709 Reply
                                  Troy Stone
                                  Participant
                                    @stonetroy

Camping update at Tacopa Springs….I just got a call from Tecopa Springs. They have plenty of dry camping spots and stated no reservation is necessary for Saturday night.

• #6825 Reply
                                    Steve Hughson
                                    Participant
                                      @steve-hughson

Hey Brandon,
                                      Do you have room for me in your camping area? This sounds like a fun trip and I’d like to joint you if possible.

• #6883 Reply
                                      Brandon Wilson
                                      Keymaster
                                        @brandon-w

Steve,

I am going to call Panamint springs this weekend and find out if more than one tent per spot, but I think it is one tent per. Saturday night looks like a win already w/no reservations required.

• #6884 Reply
                                        Chris Roady
                                        Participant
                                          @chris

My brother and I have pitched 2 tents per site before although the web site says 1 tent per site. Tent sites are $10.

• #7019 Reply
                                          Vern Shrader
                                          Participant
                                            @lt-wanderer

Chris,

Since Robin and I will be coming up from San Diego (May stay locally in OC 01/18/18) where is your planned departure point for the trip to Panamint Springs??

Vern Shrader

• #7020 Reply
                                            Chris Roady
                                            Participant
                                              @chris

Vern,
                                              I was thinking Flo’s Airport in Chino would be a good place to start the ride. It provides good group parking, a hearty breakfast for those who want one (which I assume means EVERYONE in this eating club that rides BMW’s 🙂 ) and space for a pre-ride meeting. Hope that would work out well for you.

• #7022 Reply
                                                Vern Shrader
                                                Participant
                                                  @lt-wanderer

Chris,
                                                  Works great! We will plan to stay in Chino Hill on 18th and meet the group at Flo’s for breakfast. Any thoughts on breakfast ETA and trip departure times? Maybe we can chat at Christmas Party?

• #7025 Reply
                                                Chris Roady
                                                Participant
                                                  @chris

Look forward to it Vern. Haven’t worked out the details yet, but will get busy now that Dec is here !

• #7043 Reply
                                                  mark nagel
                                                  Participant
                                                    @mark-nagel

Hi everyone, had some health issues but finally back riding again. My first weekend ride with the club was to Death Valley in 2012. Was a great trip can’t wait to go again. Is the a meeting place set up for the morning of the 19th? We started in Barstow last time I went. This will be my first long ride after 3+ years of not riding so hopefully I’ll be able to keep up.
                                                    Mark Nagel
                                                    ’05 K1200S

• #7045 Reply
                                                    Chris Roady
                                                    Participant
                                                      @chris

Glad you’re coming Mark. We’re going to meet at Flo’s Airport Cafe in Chino this time. I haven’t locked everything down yet, but am thinking I may have a 2nd meet up spot in Randsberg later in the morning for any that want to pass on riding to Chino for the initial leg of the trip.

• #7046 Reply
                                                      mark nagel
                                                      Participant
                                                        @mark-nagel

I live off Bundy Canyon and the 15 so Flo’s works great for me

• #7074 Reply
                                                        Chris Roady
                                                        Participant
                                                          @chris

Roberto let me know yesterday that Tecopa Hot Springs (night 2) is out of rooms. He was able to book at the Delight Hot Springs Resort, which is just up the street from Tecopa Hot Springs.

http://www.delightshotspringsresort.com/

Book now if you are planning on joining us on this fun trip. I would also ask for any and all who are attending to please update the ride list to indicate your attendance. It will help me with some of the planning details I need to work out.

Thanks

Attachments:
                                                        • #7082 Reply
                                                          Roberto Giraldes
                                                          Participant
                                                            @beto

I intend to head to Panamint Resort on Thursday and ride on the desert on Friday. Is anyone willing to go and ride on dirt roads?

• #7083 Reply
                                                            Karl Wagner
                                                            Participant
                                                              @sharons-hubby

Well, I am interested Roberto……. will see how work and weather go….. Wish I could my friend!

• #7084 Reply
                                                              David Omlor
                                                              Participant
                                                                @david

Hmmmm…..will this route you plan accommodate a RT with street tires 🙂 ?

• #7085 Reply
                                                                Roberto Giraldes
                                                                Participant
                                                                  @beto

Karl and David. I am waiting for an answer from Danny to see if he can go on Thursday to ride on dirty roads on Friday. I am thinking about going to Teakettle Junction, Racetrack and maybe Ubehebe Crater. In that case David, RT with street tires is not appropriate. As it is not safe to ride alone in the desert, if he could not come, maybe we can go to Ubehebe Crater, taking I believe a tarmac road which appears on the map.

• #7086 Reply
                                                                  Bill Reitz
                                                                  Participant
                                                                    @bill-r

The road to Ubehebe Crater is paved all the way and ends at a LARGE parking lot. Take pictures if you climb to the bottom !!
                                                                    Before riding toward Ubehebe check with the National Park Service that you can get to the road since it’s on the way to Scotty’s Castle, which is closed.

• #7087 Reply
                                                                    David Omlor
                                                                    Participant
                                                                      @david

Thank you, Bill, for sharing your deep knowledge of all destination roads.

Butler Maps should hire you!!!

• #7088 Reply
                                                                      Bill Reitz
                                                                      Participant
                                                                        @bill-r

Thanks David. Butler & Mad Maps tried to hire me but, combined, they couldn’t make enough chocolate chip cookies. 😁

• #7089 Reply
                                                                        Karl Wagner
                                                                        Participant
                                                                          @sharons-hubby

Roberto may be taking the dirt road up the West side of that valley to get to the Urebe Crater, I know he is interested in getting off road. There are some small canyons along the West side of the valley heading up towards the crater that are interesting. Once at the crater you can jump on pavement if you like to get back, or come back down other trails in the valley, just not that interesting.

I would highly recommend thinking about riding the one way Titus Canyon road. It is absolutely beautiful, graded dirt road most of the way, a bit of sand in short spots, only GS in my recommendation…..

Karl

• #7090 Reply
                                                                          Roberto Giraldes
                                                                          Participant
                                                                            @beto

Thank you so much Bill and Karl. I am going to follow your recommendation Karl. Titus Canyon!

• #7091 Reply
                                                                            DAVID BASING
                                                                            Participant
                                                                              @singfella1

I am keen to ride on this trip and would like to ride dirt very much. I have a 1200GS. I can do Thursday to Sunday. I have made no bookings. Camping or hotel is good to go. Thank you David Basing 9492881063

• #7092 Reply
                                                                              Karl Wagner
                                                                              Participant
                                                                                @sharons-hubby

You will not regret it Roberto, and if there is any way I can join you, you bet I will!

• #7093 Reply
                                                                                Roberto Giraldes
                                                                                Participant
                                                                                  @beto

I am sure I will not Karl. Put the knobby tires on and let’s go. Thanks again. Hi David Basing! Wellcome. We intend to leave on Thursday morning and I will give more details later. But first, you should book a place to stay.

• #7094 Reply
                                                                                  Karl Wagner
                                                                                  Participant
                                                                                    @sharons-hubby

Yeah well, “*%it” happens….. Have a must attend meeting on Thursday the 18th and two “should” attend meetings on the 19th…… This “Work” thing is really getting me down….

Let’s hope schedules change and I can make the trip at all….. worst case would be to ride up Saturday and meet the group at the second night vendue…

Enjoy Titus Canyon!

• #7096 Reply
                                                                                    Chris Roady
                                                                                    Participant
                                                                                      @chris

Karl, the Friday Death Valley Ride is a “must attend” meeting, which clearly trumps 2 “should attend” meetings … my $.02

• #7097 Reply
                                                                                      Karl Wagner
                                                                                      Participant
                                                                                        @sharons-hubby

LOL Chris…. We WILL be there, just may miss the Friday group ride out!!! You can’t get rid of me that easily! 🙂

• #7108 Reply
                                                                                        Ron Zablocki
                                                                                        Moderator
                                                                                          @ron-z

Hey Chris – Are you planning on putting together any GPS routes for this trip?

• #7109 Reply
                                                                                          Chris Roady
                                                                                          Participant
                                                                                            @chris

Yes Rob, I will get one out.

• #7112 Reply
                                                                                            Ron Zablocki
                                                                                            Moderator
                                                                                              @ron-z

Who’s Rob?? 😉

• #7113 Reply
                                                                                              Chris Roady
                                                                                              Participant
                                                                                                @chris

Typo on a small iPad keyboard, sorry 😉

• #7140 Reply
                                                                                                Bill Reitz
                                                                                                Participant
                                                                                                  @bill-r

Hey Chris and all others going to Death Valley here’s the National Park Service site for road closures:

https://www.nps.gov/deva/planyourvisit/conditions.htm

• #7147 Reply
                                                                                                  Steve Leo
                                                                                                  Participant
                                                                                                    @steve

Just a reminder not to forget you bathing suits and bottles of good wine as Tacopa Springs supposedly has some pretty good Hot Springs soaking tubs. Don’t think the wine choice there is going to be of the highest level!!!

• #7148 Reply
                                                                                                    Chuck Waychoff
                                                                                                    Participant
                                                                                                      @chuck-w

I have decided to camp on this trip and do not need the hotel reservation I have at Tecopa Hot Springs for Sat night Jan 20. Its room 12 with two beds (I think) for something like $95 plus taxes. Please let me know if anybody wants it before I cancel.

• #7149 Reply
                                                                                                      Chris Roady
                                                                                                      Participant
                                                                                                        @chris

Chuck,
                                                                                                        Dan Burtt had asked me about accommodations a week or two back. I sent him an email just now letting him know of your offer.

• #7150 Reply
                                                                                                        Karl Wagner
                                                                                                        Participant
                                                                                                          @sharons-hubby

Is it REALLY a whole week until we get to ride to Death Valley????

• #7152 Reply
                                                                                                          Dan Burtt
                                                                                                          Participant
                                                                                                            @dlburtt

Chuck if your reservation is still available I would like to take it. Let me know how you want proceed. Thanks. Dan Burtt. 714-448-2156, [email protected].

• #7155 Reply
                                                                                                            Ron Zablocki
                                                                                                            Moderator
                                                                                                              @ron-z

Someone told me to make sure to check out Artists Loop while in Death Valley, and I’m stoked to see you already have it mapped out – awesome work Chris!

• #7157 Reply
                                                                                                              Chris Roady
                                                                                                              Participant
                                                                                                                @chris

Thanks Ron, Bill R. mentioned the same thing to me about enjoying Artists Dr 🙂 I think it has been closed on my last few visits, so I am anxious to ride it also … not to mention Butler Maps highlighted it with yellow, their best color for M/C roads.

• #7159 Reply
                                                                                                                Brandon Wilson
                                                                                                                Keymaster
                                                                                                                  @brandon-w

Chris,

This looks great! A lot of new roads for me and looking forward to the adventure. 🙂 My National Park Pass is burning a hole in my pocket already.

• #7160 Reply
                                                                                                                  Chris Roady
                                                                                                                  Participant
                                                                                                                    @chris

Thanks Brandon and you raise a good point. I should probably remind everyone that there is a $20 per motorcycle fee for a 7 day pass to enter Death Valley (I believe Joshua Tree is a separate $20 per motorcycle fee for a 7 day pass to enter, if you plan to ride it on the way home.) YEAH, YEAH, YEAH … I can already hear all you lucky pups who are 62 or older with lifetime passes to all parks .. come September, I’m in the club!!!

• #7163 Reply
                                                                                                                    Bill Reitz
                                                                                                                    Participant
                                                                                                                      @bill-r

Dan it’s 9am leave Flo’s, I don’t know of a south county ride to Flo’s.

• #7164 Reply
                                                                                                                      David Eastly
                                                                                                                      Participant
                                                                                                                        @dave

Lifetime National Park pass? Yes thanks.

• #7165 Reply
                                                                                                                        Ron Zablocki
                                                                                                                        Moderator
                                                                                                                          @ron-z

Anyone not going to Death Valley and want to loan me your parks pass for the weekend?

• #7166 Reply
                                                                                                                          Bill Reitz
                                                                                                                          Participant
                                                                                                                            @bill-r

I haven;t been to Death Valley in a few years but there was no “Gate” to go thru to pay your fee. If you stop at a Visitor Center they may/will ask to see your receipt but if you don’t go in then……. so Ron you might not need to borrow.

• #7167 Reply
                                                                                                                            Chris Roady
                                                                                                                            Participant
                                                                                                                              @chris

Bill is correct, it is an honor system at Death Valley, not so at Joshua Tree.

• #7168 Reply
                                                                                                                              Karl Wagner
                                                                                                                              Participant
                                                                                                                                @sharons-hubby

So, like I am somewhat looking forward to the Death Valley ride…….

• #7171 Reply
                                                                                                                                Chris Roady
                                                                                                                                Participant
                                                                                                                                  @chris

We need a “like button” HAHAHAHAHA Karl 👍🏻

• #7172 Reply
                                                                                                                                  Mark Borgeson
                                                                                                                                  Participant
                                                                                                                                    @borgie

If you don’t qualify for the old fart pass, you can get an annual National Park pass for $80. It’s good for 12 months from the date of purchase. Most park entrance fees are $20 so you’ll break even after 4 visits.

• #7173 Reply
                                                                                                                                    Karl Wagner
                                                                                                                                    Participant
                                                                                                                                      @sharons-hubby

Roady….. we need a good weather dance or something….. Friday PM is trending damp…. and while you all will be nice an cozy in the hotel, that is exactly when we will be riding in! 🙂

Attachments:
                                                                                                                                    • #7175 Reply
                                                                                                                                      Chris Roady
                                                                                                                                      Participant
                                                                                                                                        @chris

Oh ye of little faith 👍🏻

• #7176 Reply
                                                                                                                                        Karl Wagner
                                                                                                                                        Participant
                                                                                                                                          @sharons-hubby
                                                                                                                                        • #7178 Reply
                                                                                                                                          Chris Roady
                                                                                                                                          Participant
                                                                                                                                            @chris

Friday
                                                                                                                                            * Breakfast 8:00am @ Flo’s in Chino (or home, or ??)
                                                                                                                                            * Lunch … 12:30 Esparza Family Restaurant 13223 Main St, Trona
                                                                                                                                            * Dinner 6:00pm @ Panamint Springs Restaurant

Saturday
                                                                                                                                            * Breakfast Panamint Springs
                                                                                                                                            * Lunch @ Date Grove Diner in Furnace Creek
                                                                                                                                            * Dinner 6:00 pm @ Crowbar Cafe & Saloon in Shoshone

Sunday
                                                                                                                                            * Breakfast @ Crowbar Cafe & Saloon in Shoshone
                                                                                                                                            * Lunch in Joshua Tree ?

• #7180 Reply
                                                                                                                                            Brandon Wilson
                                                                                                                                            Keymaster
                                                                                                                                              @brandon-w

Who says we are the ride to eat club? 🙂 I can already hear my gut getting fatter.

Catching up on the thread, I think if you don’t have one and are not part of the geezer club for park passes, I already paid mine off in visits but it really does depend on how many times you think you will visit. I think it is worth it. Only 20 years to go for me to join the geezer club for national park passes. Quite possible by then, they will charge me double!

I was just checking the weather, and it looks like the rain chances have evaporated. Partly cloudy with a high of 71 and a low of 46. I will keep my frog togs handy regardless.

Attachments:
                                                                                                                                            • #7182 Reply
                                                                                                                                              Chris Roady
                                                                                                                                              Participant
                                                                                                                                                @chris

Yeah Brandon, the wise guy pass (you are living dangerously and significantly outnumbered with the ageism bs :- ) went up 800% this year from $10 to $80 … I don’t see one in your future 😂

• #7183 Reply
                                                                                                                                                Brandon Wilson
                                                                                                                                                Keymaster
                                                                                                                                                  @brandon-w

Chris,

Oh so true and I was hoping to catch some hell for my smart ass comments. 🙂 Looking very forward to this weekend boys and girls! :d

• #7186 Reply
                                                                                                                                                  Bill Reitz
                                                                                                                                                  Participant
                                                                                                                                                    @bill-r

Oh Chris…… I hate to bug you again BUT on the #4 GPX route waypoint 12 & 14 need to be exchanged. You enter Artist Drive on the south end (#14) and exit on the north (#12), following this route will have you going against the flow of traffic. Better yet just have two waypoints, 12 to enter on the south end and 13 to exit the one way road.

• #7189 Reply
                                                                                                                                                    Chris Roady
                                                                                                                                                    Participant
                                                                                                                                                      @chris

*** THAT’S ALL FOLKS ***

This has been a wonderful reminder to me of why I enjoy Butler paper maps .. but I digress. I am removing old versions from this thread to avoid adding confusion. I will not be updating this again … like it, don’t … use it, don’t … edit your copy, don’t … it’s all up to you from now on 🙂 Below will be the route I will be leading from.

Here is a repeat of some of the important info that was contained in my earlier post that I deleted:

* Looks like we will have between 20-25 attendees
                                                                                                                                                      * We average 240 miles a day with opportunities for additional miles for those who want them
                                                                                                                                                      * I have set up each day as 9:00AM start times. After day 1, we have some flexibility if the group would like to adjust the start time, we just want to be cognizant of losing daylight and falling temperatures with sunset. For Day 1, I ask for timeliness please, I don’t want to impact any potential meetups in Randsburg.
                                                                                                                                                      * 9:00 AM – Kickstands up from Flo’s Airport Diner at the Chino Airport.
                                                                                                                                                      * If you plan to eat a good breakfast @ Flo’s, please arrive early enough (probably an hour) to not hold up our departure
                                                                                                                                                      * Address is 7000 Merrill Ave, Chino

A couple of other things to keep in mind:
                                                                                                                                                      * No cell coverage is normal in DV
                                                                                                                                                      * I do carry a satellite communicator for emergency response in the event we need help but don’t have coverage
                                                                                                                                                      * Weather projection is 60-64 highs and 39-40 lows
                                                                                                                                                      * Not many restaurant options .. sorry to the foodies in the group
                                                                                                                                                      * Not a ton of gas stations so use the old dirt biking in Baja mantra … if you have any doubt “don’t pass gas”

I cant wait to get off this computer and back to beautiful DV, sit around the campfire with y’all, ride some GREAT twisites ..

FINAL UPDATE (no, I mean it … FINAL :- )

• #7193 Reply
                                                                                                                                                      Ron Zablocki
                                                                                                                                                      Moderator
                                                                                                                                                        @ron-z

Awesome – thanks Chris! I’m sure the next one will be much easier. 🙂

• #7201 Reply
                                                                                                                                                        David Omlor
                                                                                                                                                        Participant
                                                                                                                                                          @david

I have made the tough decision to forego participation in this ride due to the weather forecast. This will insure that there will be dry and warm riding for every one – you’re welcome!

The good news is that there is now a room available at Panamint Springs (Unit K) and also a room (Room 17) available at Tecopa Hot Springs for any campers who prefer warm, dry accommodations.

Ride Safe, y’all and enjoy,
                                                                                                                                                          – David

• #7202 Reply
                                                                                                                                                          Chris Roady
                                                                                                                                                          Participant
                                                                                                                                                            @chris

You’ll be missed David 👍🏻

• #7203 Reply
                                                                                                                                                            Troy Stone
                                                                                                                                                            Participant
                                                                                                                                                              @stonetroy

Hey David

I’ll take those rooms if they are still available. If you prepaid I’ll reimburse you so let me know what to do!

Troy

• #7204 Reply
                                                                                                                                                              Brandon Wilson
                                                                                                                                                              Keymaster
                                                                                                                                                                @brandon-w

Sorry to see that you will not make it David. But the weather does look nice and cool! 🙂

• #7205 Reply
                                                                                                                                                                David Omlor
                                                                                                                                                                Participant
                                                                                                                                                                  @david

Hey Troy, were you able to snag those rooms?

• #7206 Reply
                                                                                                                                                                  Ron Zablocki
                                                                                                                                                                  Moderator
                                                                                                                                                                    @ron-z

We appreciate all that you do for us David! 😉

• #7207 Reply
                                                                                                                                                                    David Omlor
                                                                                                                                                                    Participant
                                                                                                                                                                      @david

It is my pleasure – Thank You!

• #7208 Reply
                                                                                                                                                                      David Eastly
                                                                                                                                                                      Participant
                                                                                                                                                                        @dave

Sorry you can’t make it, David!

• #7209 Reply
                                                                                                                                                                        Troy Stone
                                                                                                                                                                        Participant
                                                                                                                                                                          @stonetroy

David

So far I I have one of the two booked and waiting on Panamint to return a call! See what happens and I’ll let you know.

Thanks again!

• #7224 Reply
                                                                                                                                                                          Bikram
                                                                                                                                                                          Participant
                                                                                                                                                                            @bikram

Thanks Chris for planning the DV ride. I enjoyed the fun trip with good food and a great company of fellow riders.

• #7226 Reply
                                                                                                                                                                            Chris Roady
                                                                                                                                                                            Participant
                                                                                                                                                                              @chris

Thanks for the post Bikram, I hope everyone enjoyed the trip. It was fun hanging out with you on this trip!!

• #7227 Reply
                                                                                                                                                                              Karl Wagner
                                                                                                                                                                              Participant
                                                                                                                                                                                @sharons-hubby

We ALL did! Great Ride Leader!!

• #7229 Reply
                                                                                                                                                                                Chris Roady
                                                                                                                                                                                Participant
                                                                                                                                                                                  @chris

didn’t mean to come across as fishing, but thanks Karl

Viewing 82 reply threads
                                                                                                                                                                              Reply To: Death Valley Jan 19-21, 2018

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
                                                                                                                                                                              Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.

Your information: