Borrego Springs Camping

Forums Calendar Events Borrego Springs Camping

• Creator
    Topic
  • #9967 Reply
    Erasmo Brenes
    Participant
      @erasmo-b

Couldn’t find a forum thread on this topic.

Who is the ride leader? The ride list shows people indicating that they’ll be attending. Is that the total number of attendees?

Are there any rides planned for Saturday?

Viewing 24 reply threads
    • Author
      Replies
      • #9969 Reply
        Rob Tripp
        Participant
          @rob

Erasmo,
          On Friday we are all making our our way to Borrego Springs. Our campsite is Group #3.

There is a ride schedule on Saturday, the ride leader and route will be determined Friday night.

• #9970 Reply
          Mark Borgeson
          Participant
            @borgie

I was looking for a thread yesterday too. This will suffice (I’ll add a Link to the calendar event).

Bill Allen is the ride leader but I think he delegated his responsibility to Prez Brandon. Smart.

There’s sufficient info on the calendar link. In summary: get yourself to the campsite preferably sometime Friday, drink famous margaritas Friday night, Saturday’s ride to be decided over margaritas on Friday, get yourself home on Sunday. Bring food. Sounds good to me 🙂

• #9972 Reply
            Mark Borgeson
            Participant
              @borgie

Even though there’s no telling who signed up first, I’m claiming I did.

• #9973 Reply
              Rob Tripp
              Participant
                @rob

I think I signed up second.

• #9974 Reply
                Erasmo Brenes
                Participant
                  @erasmo-b

Thanks for the replies. Yes, I plan on riding in on Friday, with Diane arriving before me, as I’ll be leaving
                  from work.
                  I guess I’m claiming third? 🙂

See you then

• #9975 Reply
                  Rob Tripp
                  Participant
                    @rob

I’m flexible on time Friday and route if anyone is interested in riding in a group.

• #9976 Reply
                    Chris Roady
                    Participant
                      @chris

I signed up 87th

• #9977 Reply
                      Bill Allen
                      Blocked
                        @lucky

If you are thinking that this event is planned a little “loose”, that was intentional. Yes, the official route to get to the campgound is in the “every rider for themself” concept. Personally, I will be leaving Dana Point around 11 am. If there are lost souls who cannot find the campsite, I can meet those souls at the Mobil station at the Pico exit off the I-5 in San Clemente. The route I will be taking will be I-5 south, to CA 76, to CA 79 to S2. It’s about 3 hours including stops.

The itinerary for Friday night starts off with Cadillac Margaritas at 5 pm and dinner at the campsite. Those so inclined can go into town and pick up groceries before margaritas. We will need ice and firewood. If you choose to get ice and/or firewood, get a separate receipt and you will be reimbursed. Also, if you pay for parking, get a receipt. You will be reimbursed for that also. Remember: no receipt, no reimbursement. We will plan the Saturday day ride on Friday night. Bring your nominations for routes and we will discuss. The author of the winning route will be the ride leader, but s/he can delegate that task. Don’t be shy. We will also select the person who will write the ride report for the SouthCoaster.

Saturday starts off with coffee and whatever breakfast you brought followed by the winning day ride. Saturday evening we will finish off the tequila and relive the ride of the day.

Sunday consists of coffee and stealing whatever breakfast is left over and policing the campground. The route home is the rider’s choice.

If there are any questions, post them here.

• #9978 Reply
                        Mark Borgeson
                        Participant
                          @borgie

However you get to the park, I’d avoid the Lake Elsinore area. Last Sunday there were 100,000 visitors -> 100,000 tourists visit Lake Elsinore on Sunday

• #9979 Reply
                          Mark Borgeson
                          Participant
                            @borgie

Well phooey. I can’t go after all. I was planning on boarding my dogs but one of them is too sick to be boarded.

• #9980 Reply
                            Rob Tripp
                            Participant
                              @rob

Bill,
                              I may meet you in San Clemente. I will confirm with you Thursday evening.

Rob

• #9981 Reply
                              Bill Allen
                              Blocked
                                @lucky

Mark Borgeson – crap!

• #9982 Reply
                                Mark Borgeson
                                Participant
                                  @borgie

Bill Allen – Crap is literally correct. My dog, Milo, contracted Giardia.

• #9983 Reply
                                  Bill Allen
                                  Blocked
                                    @lucky

Mark Boreson – That’s easily solved, right? Just a pill once a day!

• #9985 Reply
                                    Rob Tripp
                                    Participant
                                      @rob

Bill,
                                      What time will you be meeting at the Mobile station?

• #9990 Reply
                                      Bill Allen
                                      Blocked
                                        @lucky

“Personally, I will be leaving Dana Point around 11 am.”

Based on the above, I will arrive at the Mobil station around 11:05, 11:10 at the latest.

• #9991 Reply
                                        Eric Wolf
                                        Keymaster
                                          @wolf

Thanks for the updates Bill. I’m coming from Upland and will meet you all at the campsite in the early afternoon.

• #9992 Reply
                                          Rob Tripp
                                          Participant
                                            @rob

Bill,
                                            I’ll plan on meeting you at the Mobile station at 11:00.

• #9995 Reply
                                            Bill Allen
                                            Blocked
                                              @lucky

Rob –

I guess that means I have to show up!

🙂

• #9997 Reply
                                              Chris Roady
                                              Participant
                                                @chris

Looking forward to a great weekend!!! Locked and loaded in Brea, see y’all in Borrego

Attachments:
                                              • #10005 Reply
                                                Erasmo Brenes
                                                Participant
                                                  @erasmo-b

See you all tomorrow. Diane will be leaving after 11am, and I’ll leave from work around 1pm.
                                                  Forecast looks great!

• #10014 Reply
                                                  John Crittenden
                                                  Participant
                                                    @john-c

Alright! What a great weekend of riding—-Not a lot of miles, but the roads and company were top-notch! And very glad two of our newer members, Kep and Perk, were there!
                                                    Thanks, Bill A. for putting this together.

And, I know I needn’t remind all to send me a para or two and photos you want with, and I’ll put all 12 or 13 together for the next Newsletter.

• #10021 Reply
                                                    Brandon Wilson
                                                    Keymaster
                                                      @brandon-w

Hey guys –

What a great weekend! Thank you Bill for organizing and the adventures. Here are the pictures I took from the event. Some repeats as I work on my focusing skills. 🙂

https://1drv.ms/f/s!Aj4auzpdhwK2gZRH2dZ125qZnCamyg

• #10026 Reply
                                                      Erasmo Brenes
                                                      Participant
                                                        @erasmo-b

Diane and I had a great time! Thanks Bill A for putting the event together.

John, I’ve got a couple of pictures that you may want for the newsletter. Let me know where to send them.

• #10028 Reply
                                                        John Crittenden
                                                        Participant
                                                          @john-c

You can send them to me. A little write-up would be welcome also.

Viewing 24 reply threads
                                                      Reply To: Borrego Springs Camping

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
                                                      Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.

Your information: