4 April Ride

Forums Rides 4 April Ride

• Creator
    Topic
  • #12189 Reply
    John Crittenden
    Participant
      @john-c

As the General Meeting and Ride were canceled due to current circumstances, I will be doing a ride Saturday, 4 April.   This is NOT a club-sponsored ride, to be clear.  If anyone would like to do about 200 miles plus, please meet me at Starbucks, 12488 Central Ave, Chino.   I plan to leave (KSU) by 10:30 a.m.      This will be a reverse of the Valley Ride we did several weeks ago.   We will maintain “social distancing” so no hugging or kissing, please.     Can plan on take out lunch at Carla’s Diner in Yucca Valley.

Viewing 8 reply threads
    • Author
      Replies
      • #12191 Reply
        John Crittenden
        Participant
          @john-c

And, probably home by about 5 or so! If anyone wants a gpx, let me know and I will put it up here.

• #12194 Reply
          Bill Reitz
          Participant
            @bill-r

Just so Danny knows… will you be going to Pioneertown this time ?? 😉

• #12196 Reply
            Mark Borgeson
            Participant
              @borgie

You know everything is being canceled for good reasons. You shouldn’t be organizing group rides right now!

• #12197 Reply
              John Crittenden
              Participant
                @john-c

Nothing wrong with getting out and about. and keeping the recommended distance!

And, do plan on going through Pioneertown, though likely no stopping.

• #12198 Reply
                Mark Borgeson
                Participant
                  @borgie

It’s against the CA “stay at home” order and federal guidelines. Only essential activities are permitted. Although unlikely, you can be cited.

• #12199 Reply
                  Karl Wagner
                  Participant
                    @sharons-hubby

You all should drive by a few hospitals on your ride with thier tents errected for virus testing and makesift bed locations in hotels and convention centers. Or by the 1000 bed Mercy Ship docked in LA Harbor. It may give you a better sense of why we have this stay at home order.
                    Either way, please, please do not get injured while riding selfishly. Our healthcare providers are already working 24-7 to save the lives of those that have this virus, with limited protecdtive equipment, ventilators and space to care.
                    We stay home, limit our exposure to others and thier exposure to us with how we clean things, NOT for ourselves, but for the healthcare caregives who are already over taxed, over exposed to the virus, as well as those that truely need the beds, the elderly abd those with pre-existing conditions.
                    Please thinks about you actions daily beyond your own comfort and pleasure. In the grand scheme of things, it is a very short time for us to deny ourselves for the sake of others.
                    Please don’t take this a judgment, these are facts people, just trying to flatten the curve of the impact on this thing and minimize the deaths especially of our heatlhcare workers. Thank you for considering you options.

• #12200 Reply
                    Chris Roady
                    Participant
                      @chris

I have to concur with Mark and Karl on this one. I feel the need for 2 wheels as much as any of us but can not in good conscience ignore the rules put in place to do our part in a world wide effort to stop the spread and destruction this pandemic is causing.

• #12203 Reply
                      David Eastly
                      Participant
                        @dave

I’m going to pass as well. To err on the side of caution makes too much sense.

• #12209 Reply
                        Danny Wassenaar
                        Participant
                          @danny-w

I’ll not be going out for a joy ride. Not much of a sacrifice if you ask me. I’d like to see Pioneertown someday but not in the face of this headwind.

Viewing 8 reply threads
                      Reply To: 4 April Ride

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
                      Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.

Your information: