Forums Calendar Events Ride Planning Meeting

• Creator
    Topic
  • #15841 Reply
    Eric Wolf
    Keymaster
      @wolf

South Coasters,
      On July 16th, at 10:00, at Irv Seavers, the Board will be planning our 2022-2023 riding season, both day rides and weekends. We want your ideas! You are welcome and encouraged to attend and give your input and, NO, you will not be pressured into planning/leading a ride. We are committed to implementing some of the great suggestions we received from the members survey– Baja, Julian, Mt Laguna, Northern CA/Napa, Lost Coast, Ave of the Giants, Santa Barbara, San Diego–too many great destinations! I’m sure there are places you have ridden that you’d like to share with the club. Please come out and join us.

Viewing 6 reply threads
    • Author
      Replies
      • #15848 Reply
        Eric Wolf
        Keymaster
          @wolf

I’ve been contacted by a few members who are not able to make the meeting but wanted to make their destinations know. That’s great! If you fall into this category, call or text me (949 636-4769), or email your ideas, [email protected].

• #15861 Reply
          Warren Belkin
          Keymaster
            @wbelkin

Hi Eric, I assume there isn’t a day ride planned after this meeting – because it will run a bit later than normal general meetings?? Am I correct? Thx.

• #15862 Reply
            Eric Wolf
            Keymaster
              @wolf

Great questions Warren…

Actually, Pete will lead a ride to Firehouse BBQ and Brew in Fallbrook. He’ll be posting the details later today.

• #15866 Reply
              Pete Rissman
                @thatpete

Let the 2022-2023 SCBMWRC ride season begin! The The first official ride of the season will depart from Irv Seaver BMW on Saturday July 16 after the the Ride Planning Meeting.

The route will take us west on Katella to 57 south to I-5 south. We’ll continue on I-5 south to San Clemente where we’ll exit at Camino De Estrella and stop at the Shell Express gas station at the bottom of the offramp. This is a MEET-UP POINT for South Orange County members who would like to join the ride.

From there we will continue south on I-5 to 76 East in Oceanside and ride some interesting rural roads through Morro Hills to Fallbrook.

Our lunch stop will be at Firehouse Que and Brew which is at 1019 S Main Ave in Fallbrook. It’s an excellent Texas-style smoked barbecue restaurant and they also serve some of the best peach cobbler I’ve ever eaten. Yum! They have indoor and covered outdoor dining areas. There are 76, Arco and Shell gas stations within a block of the restaurant.

After lunch we’ll head north to Wildomar and Lake Elsinore via De Luz Road. Wildomar is a good BREAK-AWAY POINT for riders who want to head home via I-15. The rest of us will ride over Ortegs Hwy to Rancho Mission Viejo which is a good BREAK-AWAY POINT for riders going home to South Orange County.

Anyone left can continue to the intersection of Chapman Ave and the 55 Fwy via Antonio Pkwy, Trabuco, Live Oak, and Santiago Canyon Roads. That will be the official end of the group ride.

Total mileage is about 170 miles and will probably take 4-5 hours including the lunch stop.

• #15869 Reply
                Pete Rissman
                  @thatpete

The brisket sandwich and berry cobbler I had on 4th of July weekend at the Firehouse Que & Brew. Yum!

• #15876 Reply
                  Eric Wolf
                  Keymaster
                    @wolf

Pete,
                    This looks great! We’ll try to keep the meeting to an hour, so you should be out by 11:00.

• #15881 Reply
                    Pete Rissman
                      @thatpete

If the ride can leave Irv Seaver BMW between 11:00 and 11:30 we should be at the South County meet-up point between 11:45 and 12:15.

Once again, that meet-up point is at the Shell gas station at the bottom of the I-5 southbound off/on-ramp to Camino De Estrella in San Clemente. That’s the very next off-ramp past the Pacific Coast Hwy exit.

Viewing 6 reply threads
                  Reply To: Ride Planning Meeting

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
                  Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.

Your information: