Jan 7th 2023 GM at The Rock Inn

Forums Calendar Events Jan 7th 2023 GM at The Rock Inn

Tagged: ,

• Creator
    Topic
  • #18096 Reply
    Ron Zablocki
      @ron-z

This has been an annual event for the club, having the first General Meeting of the year at the historic Rock Inn in Lake Hughes for the last 7 years.  So in keeping with tradition, it’s happening again!
      We’ll be leaving Panera Bread (990 TownCenter Dr, La Canada Flintridge) at 8am sharp to get to the Rock Inn for breakfast by 9:30am.  The route up there will take on some of SoCal’s finest twisty roads – Little Tujunga, Sand Canyon, Vasquez Canyon, Bouquet Canyon and Spunky Canyon.  A GPX file will be provided later for the route.

More details will be announced soon.

Viewing 8 reply threads
    • Author
      Replies
      • #18110 Reply
        Eric Wolf
        Keymaster
          @wolf

This is always a great way to start the year.  Good roads, good food, and fun people.  I’m looking forward to it.  Thanks Ron!

• #18197 Reply
          Karl Wagner
          Participant
            @sharons-hubby

If ayone would like to do some Intermediate to Challenging offroad riding to the meeting or after the meeting, there are some good dirt streets in that area. Let us know and we will work it it in!

• #18286 Reply
            Ron Zablocki
              @ron-z

Happy New Year South Coasters!  This event looks like it will have quite a turn-out.

As a reminder, we’ll be leaving Panera Bread at 8am sharp.  Please arrive by at least 7:45am and gassed up for the ride briefing, and earlier if you want coffee or such beforehand.  Temps are expected to be around the mid-30s to low 40s, so please dress appropriately!

I’m attaching 2 GPX files – the first is the route for Panera Bread to the Rock Inn, second is the route from the Rock Inn to ACH near to the 210 interchange.  The 2nd route will take us down Angeles Forest Hwy to Angeles Crest Hwy to right before the 210.  These GPX files will load directly into your GPS device, and I tested them on a Garmin Zumo 595.
              * Note that if you load these files into BaseCamp, you’ll first need to open the route and then change the Activity from “Direct” to “Motorcycling” before you transfer the routes to your GPS.

Also attached are the route overviews for each GPX file that show the expected temps along the route.

I’m looking forward to seeing old and new members at this first event of the New Year!  Please let me know if you have any questions.

• #18307 Reply
              Ron Zablocki
                @ron-z

I know a lot of you have been carefully watching the weather for this weekend, and so far Fri and Sat are still showing as no rain. However, knowing the weather can change by the hour, I’ll be keeping an eye on the weather conditions up to Saturday morning. There is a chance early Sat morning that rain might be expected, and if that is the case the ride will be cancelled or rescheduled. So if you get up Sat morning and see that it’s raining – go back to bed and enjoy some more sleep. 🙂

• #18311 Reply
                David Eastly
                Participant
                  @dave

Great ride, great turnout, and a better breakfast than I expected. Thanks for putting it together, Ron. It was nice to meet some new faces too!

• #18312 Reply
                  Ron Zablocki
                    @ron-z

Great ride, great turnout, and a better breakfast than I expected. Thanks for putting it together, Ron. It was nice to meet some new faces too!

+1   Indeed… We had a couple prospective members as well. Let’s hope we didn’t scare them away!
                    Edit: Prospective member, Mike Kefalas, who showed up for this ride just joined up!
                  • #18314 Reply
                    Karl Wagner
                    Participant
                      @sharons-hubby

Good way to wish the South Coasters, old and new, a Happy New Year! Thanks Ron for setting it up and all for participating!

Starting to pack for Anza Borrego!!! Looking forward to the ride next weekend!

• #18317 Reply
                      Bill Reitz
                      Participant
                        @bill-r

Nice job on the routes and location Ron !! This is the seventh year we visited The Rock Inn in January.

• #18320 Reply
                        Ron Zablocki
                          @ron-z

Nice job on the routes and location Ron !! This is the seventh year we visited The Rock Inn in January.

Yes, it was very helpful communicating with Heidi at the Rock Inn, and letting her know our approximate arrival time and number of attendees.  They did a great job!
                      Viewing 8 reply threads
                      Reply To: Jan 7th 2023 GM at The Rock Inn

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
                      Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.

Your information: