April 1st General Meeting, Ride Planning Meeting, Day Ride

April 1st General Meeting, Ride Planning Meeting, Day Ride

Forums Calendar Events April 1st General Meeting, Ride Planning Meeting, Day Ride

• Creator
    Topic
  • #19236 Reply
    Eric Wolf
    Keymaster
      @wolf

Hi South Coasters,

Our General Meeting will begin at 9:00 a.m., Saturday April 1st, at Irv Seavers’.  Following that, Pete R. will lead a ride to Fallbrook for lunch at Firehouse Que and Brew!  Watch this link for more info on the ride.

Before the GM, starting at 8:00, the Board of Directors will do our annual ride planning; choosing the destinations for our weekend rides one year out.  We want to hear from you.  Where do you want to go?  What did you like about this year and what have we missed.  You are welcome to join that meeting and offer suggestions.  If you can’t make the meeting, please email any board member with your ideas.

Viewing 6 reply threads
    • Author
      Replies
      • #19243 Reply
        Pete Rissman
          @thatpete

After the General Meeting we will be riding to lunch at Firehouse Que & Brew in Fallbrook. Our route there will take us over the Ortega Hwy to Grand Ave., then east to Clinton Keith Rd., and then south through the hills for a scenic ride to Fallbrook via Deluz.

Firehouse Que & Brew features a delicious menu of slow-smoked treats including ribs, brisket, tri tip and chicken (plates & sandwiches) and for dessert they have peach cobbler and bread pudding that you really should save a little room in your stomach for. I have reserved tables in their large, covered, heated, outdoor dining area.

After lunch, the ride I’ll be leading will continue to Oceanside via some picturesque back roads and back to the OC via I-5. Those of you who live in Riverside or North Orange Counties can also head home via I-15 or even back over Ortega Hwy if you’d like.

• KSU will be 10:30 AM from Irv Seaver’s.
          • There will be a brief bathroom stop at the Firefighter Memorial on Ortega Hwy.
          • Arrival at Firehouse Que & Brew will be aprox. 1:30 PM.
          • Distance from Irv Seaver’s to Firehouse Que & Brew is 96 miles.
          • There will be a gas stop in Fallbrook right after lunch (Shell or Arco).

The Firehouse Que & Brew menu can be found here:
          https://firehouseqnb.square.site/s/order?location=11ea73cd0c31747bb0d80cc47a2b63e4

• #19366 Reply
          Pete Rissman
            @thatpete

Ok, I found a minor flaw in the other GPX file I posted, so here’s a new one. The old one won’t get you lost, but use this new one if you can.

• #19400 Reply
            Bill Allen
            Blocked
              @lucky

Ortega is closed tomorrow.

• #19401 Reply
              Bill Reitz
              Participant
                @bill-r

IT’S HAPPENING! SR-74 (Ortega Highway) Caltrans Orange County District 12 has scheduled 14-hour weekend closures on Saturday, April 1 and Sunday, April 2 from 7 am to 9 pm. Closures will occur from Nichols Institute to Riverside County Line.
                Resident access only. Through traffic must take alternate routes.
                CHP – Temecula

• #19403 Reply
                  Eric Wolf
                  Keymaster
                    @wolf

Hi All,

Thanks for the heads up.  I just talked to Pete and he is working on an alternative route.  See you manana.

• #19402 Reply
                  Bill Allen
                  Blocked
                    @lucky

Pete – I’ll meet you in Fallbrook. 9am at Seaver’s is too early for me.

• #19404 Reply
                    Pete Rissman
                      @thatpete

NEW GPX FILE!

Being as Orega Hwy will be closed today we will basically be doing the original route backwards meaning we will head to Fallbrook via the coast. After lunch we will gas up in Fallbrook and head home via De Luz. The GPS route ends at Clinton Keith rd and I-15 where everyone can head home via their route of choice. I will be heading back to the OC via I-15 to the 91 to the 55.

• #19406 Reply
                      Pete Rissman
                        @thatpete

Here’s a visual of the new route.

• #19258 Reply
                        Bill Reitz
                        Participant
                          @bill-r

Pete I’m sure you know this but if it rains before the April 1 ride on De Luz the many water crossings can get slippery with moss. Riding on Carancho & Sandia Creek are just as much fun without the worry of water crossings and slipping. Just a thought…..

Viewing 6 reply threads
                      Reply To: April 1st General Meeting, Ride Planning Meeting, Day Ride

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
                      Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.

Your information: