Forums Rides Aug 30-Sept 1: Range of Lights Gypsy Tour

• Creator
    Topic
  • #23205 Reply
    Eric Wolf
    Keymaster
      @wolf

Hey South Coasters!

While this ride is not a South Coast-sponsored event, it is one that several of us have ridden over the years and it’s super fun.  The BMW Club of Northern California holds this event each year.  They only  publish the starting point and date.  This year the ride will begin in Gridley, CA on Aug 30th.  After that, you take it day-by-day.  Here’s how they describe it…

What is the BMW NorCal Range of Light Gypsy Tour?  This is no stationary rally. It is a riding rally; a two day event.  Riders will be treated to exceptional road and optional GS routes, showcasing some of the best riding and scenery in the West.  You can expect to ride around 300 miles each day. Our destination? You won’t know until the day before. This is a closely guarded secret – all we can tell you is the start point.

If you are interested in joining, sign up and pay the entrance fee on the NorCal site here.  Also, contact me for more details or respond to this forum and we’ll add you to the planning list.

If you are super curious and want a good read, check out the highjinx from last year, in this newsletter article.

• This topic was modified 3 weeks ago by Eric Wolf.
    Viewing 4 reply threads
    • Author
      Replies
      • #23230 Reply
        Jackie

I am registered!

• #23359 Reply
          Eric Wolf
          Keymaster
            @wolf

Hi South Coasters!

Our group is growing.  If you are interested in riding this very unique event, call or contact me for details.  Basically, all we know is to show up in Gridley, CA on Friday afternoon, Aug 30th.  From there, they will give us a route for the next day, and then, the next…

The serendipity factor is very high and the whimsy strong.  This is a camping event (hard to hotel when you don’t know where you are going day to day).

Come Ride With Us!

• #23430 Reply
            Rob Tripp

Those riding up to the ROL, I may be interested hooking up in the Sonora area (Hwy 49) and riding up with you to Gridley, depending on the time and route your taking.

• #23431 Reply
              Eric Wolf
              Keymaster
                @wolf

Hi Rob,

I’m so happy you’re riding with us.  How about Kellie?

I’ll add you to the group email. Read the string to get the details.

We are arriving by various routes.  Six of us going up the coast and then cutting east to Griddley on Friday.  And three meeting up on Friday from Las Vegas, Graeagle, and Chico.

• #23432 Reply
                Eric Wolf

Our group is growing.  If you have interest in the gypsy ride, contact me and I’ll fill you in.  It is a very unique experience!

Viewing 4 reply threads
              Reply To: Aug 30-Sept 1: Range of Lights Gypsy Tour

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
              Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.

Your information: