Morro Bay Weekend Ride
August 13 - August 15
Hi to all South Coasters!
1) This is the Morro Bay “cool” riding tour. Hopefully cooler weather than our past August rides. If the temperatures are below 100 degrees, we were successful. For those who are riding, we will offer iced coffee/tea and fuel stops, snap some action pictures along the way.
2) Take note of dates. This ride is from SATURDAY, August 13 – MONDAY, August 15. By changing the dates, we save a good amount of money ($80), due to staying over Sunday night. We should also benefit from lesser traffic, as well.
3) Accommodations: This is most THE most important item to take care of now. I placed my name on 3 Queen, double occupancy rooms, and 1 King room at Sea Cliff Golf Resort. They are almost full, so reservations are limited. If the hotel is fully booked, there are other options nearby, and I will share that with you.
– To stay at the Sea Cliff, call/text me with your room preference 657-600-5555, so I can call the resort and add your name to my Blocked-Reserved rooms. After that, call the resort so that you can secure your room with a credit card. Sea Pine Golf Resort 805-528-5252.
Members have stayed here previously, the experience, cleanliness, food, etc., was a positive one.
4) Join us for breakfast at Scooner or Later, 241 Marina Dr, Long Beach at 7-7:15 AM. KSU 8:30. GPX files for all 3 days will be posted 8/7. On Saturday, we will take our lunch stop at Jacko’s Steakhouse, then head up to Los Osos.
5) Group riding is optional. Some like to ride with the group, and others don’t. Do what you prefer to do and see you there!
6) If you do your personal choice route, the mileage contest actuals will be the published miles from the GPX.
7) Weather this time of year can be interesting. Inland route will be mid 80°’s. Have riding water available. A Camelback, Platapus, or equivalent will do the trick to stay hydrated. In contrast, our route along the coast can be mid-60°’s. Be prepared for both climates.
Stay tuned to the rider thread for more details. I look forward to our coastal, South Coaster’s Club ride!
The cutoff date to secure your “blocked room” at Sea Pines Resort is Tuesday, August 9th. The following day, I will release any leftover rooms back to the resort to avoid room charges. Kindly let me know if you will be reserving your room at the Sea Pines Resort before that date.